Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

Bare rifle w/ magazine is 5 pounds 5 ounces. I was hoping to make 5.5 pounds, so it came in 3 ounces under.

My preferred scope is fairly heavy, so scope in Sportsmatch rings should come to almost exactly 7 pounds.
Nice I am awaiting my CF stock for my 3006 should come out shy of 6.5oz with optic

Wrongside

WKR
Nice I am awaiting my CF stock for my 3006 should come out shy of 6.5oz with optic
Sounds like it’ll be a great rig! Pics when you get it done please. :)

Everybody has their own weight/cost/performance analysis to do, when it comes to setting up their rifle. My preferred scopes weigh around 24-25 ounces, which pushes this rifle over 6.5 quite quickly.

Sounds like it’ll be a great rig! Pics when you get it done please. :)

Everybody has their own weight/cost/performance analysis to do, when it comes to setting up their rifle. My preferred scopes weigh around 24-25 ounces, which pushes this rifle over 6.5 quite quickly.
Yeah I picked up a swaro z3 with ballistic turret which weighs only 14.5oz + talley rings which are very light too.

schmalzy

WKR
I'll be interested to see how they handled the lug. I was impressed enough with the one I ordered for a vanguard, I ordered a second yesterday.

Lug comes with it, not glued or epoxied in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schmalzy

WKR
Do they tell you how to bed it then?

No; on the website it mentions the height required but nothing else. I put the action in and it seems solid but will most likely have it bedded. Part of me thinks the just exposing it or super glueing it would be adequate.

archp625

WKR
No; on the website it mentions the height required but nothing else. I put the action in and it seems solid but will most likely have it bedded. Part of me thinks the just exposing it or super glueing it would be adequate.

Why spend all that money on a quality stock then half @ss it on the bedding?

sndmn11

WKR
Why spend all that money on a quality stock then half @ss it on the bedding?
It has been a quandry for me too. I believe a lot of the Tikka stocks showcased in this thread have a loose lug left for securing by the end user. I think @Ucsdryder had to glue in the two AG Composites stocks' recoil lugs, I think there is a thread in here about bedding a lug into either an alterra or mesa stock; 99% certain it is the former. I know the grayboe stock and BC stocks have the lug fixed already. Factually, the factory Tikka stocks do not have the lug secured either.

I haven't a clue the whys, pros, or cons of either method.

Ucsdryder

WKR
It has been a quandry for me too. I believe a lot of the Tikka stocks showcased in this thread have a loose lug left for securing by the end user. I think @Ucsdryder had to glue in the two AG Composites stocks' recoil lugs, I think there is a thread in here about bedding a lug into either an alterra or mesa stock; 99% certain it is the former. I know the grayboe stock and BC stocks have the lug fixed already. Factually, the factory Tikka stocks do not have the lug secured either.

AG says their stocks don’t need bedding and the 2 I have both shoot very well without bedding. They said gluing in the recoil lug gives it a more custom fit to the action.

Post some pics if you can, mine have arrived but still 2 weeks until I get back home😢

Leo45

Lil-Rokslider
My Manners EHT came with the lug pre-installed. Guess I never checked to see if it was actually glued in or not

schmalzy

WKR
Post some pics if you can, mine have arrived but still 2 weeks until I get back home

ddf2790e9350fccc0597da7faf0cd0d6.jpg

schmalzy

WKR
Would you care to post a few more closeups and a few of the bedding area? I'm curious on the quality of these.

And what does your stock actually weigh?

I’ll pull it off tonight. If I remember right it was exactly as advertised.