Let's See Your Semi-Custom Tikka Builds

You will not likely save any weight. Minimal if any. We are talking about rifles that are coming off the shelf at 6lbs. There’s not much to be saved without some serious change, or serious compromise IMO. I think you do get more function, such as being able to add a suppressor, and not necessarily in the privateer, but another stock you can get something a little easier to get behind. No way I’d spend the money on a sporter style stock to fix the Tupperware factory.

You can do a normal proof blank however the shoulder is going to be a hair bigger on the barrel than factory. Proof makes their prefits with a thinner shank for this reason. I don’t believe they are making tikka blanks any longer. I have 2 tikkas with 1.25” shanks and as long as your barrel channel is cut correctly it’s not a big deal. You also don’t even need to go carbon if you don’t want at that length, just pick a contour that will get you enough diameter for what your looking for.

As stated above there are others making tikka prefits. Whether you want that, or you want to have someone chamber you a blank is up to you.
Thanks, just what I needed to hear.

Questions regarding Tikka action lengths...

I would like to have something built in 308win with a proof or carbon six barrel. When looking for a donor action, what caliber rifles can I choose from if I were to find a deal? I'm assuming anything 308 based is good to go, but I've read that all actions on Tikkas are the same, just the bolt stop is different for different length cartridges. Any truth to that? I'm assuming I probably can't choose one with a magnum bolt face though unless I plan to swap the bolt too? Any help to get service straight it appreciated.

Questions regarding Tikka action lengths...

I would like to have something built in 308win with a proof or carbon six barrel. When looking for a donor action, what caliber rifles can I choose from if I were to find a deal? I'm assuming anything 308 based is good to go, but I've read that all actions on Tikkas are the same, just the bolt stop is different for different length cartridges. Any truth to that? I'm assuming I probably can't choose one with a magnum bolt face though unless I plan to swap the bolt too? Any help to get service straight it appreciated.

Yes, all t3 action receivers are the same with different bolt stops, bolts, and magazines to accommodate the chambering. 243, 260, 6.5 creed, 7mm/08, 308, 270, 30/06 actions will work as a donor action for a 308 build without a bolt change. Possibly others but I know tikka chambers those cartridges. To seat bullets long, you want a 270 or 30/06 donor or you'll need to change the bolt stop (easy, cheap) in a short action cartridge.

Magnums/short mags have a larger bolt face. 223 has a smaller bolt face.

Last edited:

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
Stainless t3x donor action
24" proof sendero
6mm creedmoor
Mtn tac bottom metal and 3rd billet mag
Mtn tac trigger spring set at 1#8oz
Lri fluted stainless bolt (wrought iron)
Outdoorsman xl handle
Leupold back country 1 piece 30mm med
Vx5hd 3-15 htmr
Ag composites privateer urban camo
The privateer is my favorite tikka stock by far and I've tried most I have 2 now with a 3rd en route and they both feed flawlessly
432ddc3061b5f356abcb20ad3bcf4a49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Does AG still make privateer stocks for the tikka?

morgaj1

WKR
Are you guys skim bedding your Mesa stocks or rolling with them as is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

J300UM

FNG
What's a relatively inexpensive barrel vice you guys recommend?

I bought a tikka receive with the barrel removed, so I will only have to put the new one on. My local smith is 8+ months out on all work some I’m going to install my profit barrel myself.
I have one from Short Action Customs that uses aluminum bushings. Id imagine a Wheeler Engineering vice with wood blocks would work just fine and they’re fairly inexpensive.

sndmn11

WKR
Mine has had some changes to include a Grayboe Phoenix, a new 22BR barrel from Preferred bring the number to four total, and I think the only thing that will change going forward are the barrels.
PXL_20211106_143708530.jpgPXL_20211106_143727364.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20211106_143708530.jpg
    PXL_20211106_143708530.jpg
    635.7 KB · Views: 80

RogerNH

FNG
I'm still waiting on my build from Hells Canyon Armory. I sent Mike an email a few minutes ago asking for a status. I paid my invoice in full at the end of March and he has my barreled action. I think my last two emails went unanswered.

sndmn11

WKR
What’s the verdict?

I have seekins low rings and will probably switch to some Warne mountain low. I sort of have to scrunch down a little to get the best view. There's a bit of play laying the action in similar to a factory T3 stock, a bit more than the BC stock.

Everything worked as it should and putting the 22BR barrel on put it a few inches from the aiming point that the 25-06 barrel was at.

I did mar the bluing on the new barrel, but it doesn't bother me and I will touch that up.

sndmn11

WKR
Tell me about that sling and sling stud/QD cup adapters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That stock comes with flush cups, and I have a bunch of the Magpul RLS and Blue Force Gear hunting slings with regular swivels sewn in them. So I found the flush cup studs below and was able to use one of my regular slings. The flush cups are not rotation limited, but I am sure I will manage. Those studs came with their own cups, so I suppose if I felt the need I could put those cups in another rifle.

JZee

FNG
My latest....

• Caliber: 30 Nosler
• Action: Tikka T3x
• Barrel: 26” Proof Sendero Lite 1:10
• Stock: Manners EH1-A
• Bottom Metal: RedSnake nEXTgen TRG Bottom Metal
• Cerakote: Tungsten (action and stock)
• Scope: Tangent Theta 5-25 with Spuhr one piece mount

316f0e4c-78eb-4531-96b2-0d52afdddb3b.jpeg
That’s an awesome setup. Wish they still cut the EH1 for tikka. They have their new stock out now so I’ll have to check it out.

slowelk

WKR
Mine has had some changes to include a Grayboe Phoenix, a new 22BR barrel from Preferred bring the number to four total, and I think the only thing that will change going forward are the barrels.
View attachment 344332View attachment 344333

What'd the bare stock tip the scales at? 32oz would be pretty cool if true. I recently got a Manners EHT with an ultralight decel pad that was 30oz bare, so it's hard to imagine a stock with the features of the phoenix actually weighing 32oz.