Let's Talk Fletching Jigs

I've been running a Bitz for a long time but I cannot get a hard helical and keep the base down. Keep in mind, some jigs have a slot that is too far to the rear for my liking. What say you?

Try running less helical and put a little angle on it, I ran into the same problem with the small shaft A/C/C's. Also try using longer vanes if you aren't already, I run 4".

Unless your arrows are really small diameter, they shouldn't require too much helical as long as everything is tuned properly.

One other thing I did that helped a lot is running a narrow two blade broadhead instead of a 3 or 4 blade. I think it's only 1" across, also I run blades that are much longer than most, I think 3".

SDHNTR

WKR
All you need to know is the AZ EZ Fletch. Your Bitz will become a paper weight.

SDHNTR

WKR
I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone claim a blitz will become a paper weight....
Besides a paper weight, I keep mine around for long feathers on my trad arrows, but for the compact compound vanes (Blazers, Max Hunters, etc.) The EZ Fletch Mini is light years ahead. MUCH faster and more helical.

Ozz08

WKR
I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone claim a blitz will become a paper weight....

No I said the same thing on here not long ago. I haven't used my bitz since I got my ez fletch. I now have 2 ez fletch jigs and can finish a dozen arrows in about 15 minutes. The bitz is a good jig but the ez fletch does just as good a job and is 10 times faster. I have had zero problems with the ez fletch as far as vanes holding and the helical it puts on arrows looks great.

60x

WKR
I've been running a Bitz for a long time but I cannot get a hard helical and keep the base down. Keep in mind, some jigs have a slot that is too far to the rear for my liking. What say you?

What kind of vanes or feathers are you having a problem with. I use a bits and a heavy helical on 4 inch feathers. Had to adjust a bit but works like a dream.

Smossy

FNG
Interesting, I may have to pick up an EZ fletch jig to replace my Bitz which I love ever so much.

trk3263

WKR
The ez fletch is amazing!! I am a newbie to fletching my own and it is amazing how well it works. Now I just need to figure out how to glue with the perfect amount so not to have runs.

OP
Brandon Pattison
According to their website, the Carbon Right Helical would allow some flexibility in where I glue my Blazers whereas the Mini only has about 1/4" of adjustment. Is this correct?

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
The best jig out there is the Firenock jig. But it is not cheap. It is a work of art though. Will cost between $350 and $800 depending on the attachments. Just in case anyone wants the Rolls Royce of fletching jigs. :)

I have tried them all (except the firenock) and the Arizona EZ fletch mini is the way to go in my opinion if you prefer blazer type vanes.

im suprised about the responses on here, for practice arrows or quick jobs i use a Jo-Jan multi fletch, for comps and hunting arrows i use a blitz. for me the ez-fletch, was just to sloppy and inconsistant for my liking. i also run 3inch vanes or feathers so i have no experiance with the mini, just the regular version

Gus

FNG
AZ EZ fletch mini does a great job of putting a helical on the blazer vanes. Very simple to do as well.

The best jig out there is the Firenock jig. But it is not cheap. It is a work of art though. Will cost between $350 and $800 depending on the attachments. Just in case anyone wants the Rolls Royce of fletching jigs. :)

Man I've hear of this jig. I just could never love the fact that my fletching jig could cost more then the bow I shoot.

OP
Brandon Pattison
im suprised about the responses on here, for practice arrows or quick jobs i use a Jo-Jan multi fletch, for comps and hunting arrows i use a blitz. for me the ez-fletch, was just to sloppy and inconsistant for my liking. i also run 3inch vanes or feathers so i have no experiance with the mini, just the regular version

I had a JoJan. Once. THE biggest POS in the archery world. No offense intended.

It's funny your opinion on the EZ Fletch whereas everyone else loves it. It leads me to think I'd put some hooks on it for salmon fishing/boat anchor and go back to my Bitzy.

Is it that bad? Now I am doubting.

Sorry but the Bitz is the way to go, and your grandson's will be able to use it too. When I worked in a shop we used everything out there. We fletched hundreds of arrows, an so on. If you need more helical then play with the off set at the top, then the bottom to get it set up just right. To get even contact you will also need to play with the placement of your vanes on the clamp. Move them up or down a notch while playing with the offset.

Yes there are faster ways to fletch an arrow, but when has faster ever been better.

JNDEER

WKR
I have been using the Bohning Blazer jig. The 4-6 dozen or so arrows I have done with it have shown no problems.