Leupold service question

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
I'm hoping for some feedback from those actual experience with Leupold service. I am aware of the gold ring lifetime warranty, and I am confident that they will cover malfunctions.

My question is will they clean the optics in my 30 year old fixed 20x50 spotter. There is nothing broken or damaged. There appears to be some minor smudging inside the spotter.

I don't want my spotter replaced by the new 15-30x50, so I'm asking what kind of experience you guys have had.

Incidentally, the spotter is really well made. It is great quality construction. Even the rubber after all these years is in good shape. I weighed it with a reliable scale and it is 20.8 ounces. I am trying to line up a side by side comparison with other 50mm spotters.

Last edited:

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
1-800-LEUPOLD

Only they can give you the real answer to your questions. I know that they will replace outdated equipment with new if it's damaged and unrepairable so I think calling and asking if a cleaning if possible before shipping it in is a great idea.

OP
R

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Blackdog, that makes sense to get it straight from the source. Will do.

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
I sent an old m8 to Korth, for a similar reason. I left instruction in the box I shipped it in to just clean it if possible. They did exactly that, and purged and resealed the scope. No charge. Very easy process. Excellent company to deal with.