Maven Optics Amazing Customer Service!

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Also posted this in a thread dedicated to the new Maven RS1.2 scope over in the long range hunting forum but figured this deserved a thread in the optics forum as well.

HUGE shout out to Maven Optics for some of the best customer service I’ve experienced in recent years. After noticing my elevation turret seemed damaged from the scope/rifle being dropped, I contacted their warranty department and explained what had happened. Much to my surprise, they asked me to send it in for an inspection to determine what it would take to fix the scope if it was indeed damaged. I had assumed I was SOL since the scope was damaged due to a drop, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Their communication at every point was prompt and thorough. First they sent clear instructions of how to send the scope in to the warranty department. A few days later, they let me know the scope had arrived and would need to be inspected. At this point I anticipated 6+ weeks for an update based on what I’d read online, especially since this was over the holidays. However, just two weeks later they let me know their inspection was complete and unfortunately the elevation turret was significantly damaged and would require repair at an outside facility.

Rather than asking me to cover the cost and wait for repairs, which would have been very reasonable based on my experience with other companies, they instead sent me a brand new RS1.2 to replace the one that was damaged, which arrived 2 days after their inspection was completed. Even more impressive, the replacement scope package included stickers, window decals and a small gift towards their clothing store due to not having a neoprene cover available to accompany the scope. Despite all this, there is also a note that they plan to send a neoprene scope cover to me once they’re in stock again.

In summary, Maven has gone above and beyond expectations and I want to ensure I recognize them for it. This interaction has made a loyal customer out of me for years to come. I’ve had my eyes on a pair of their compact binos to take along on hikes and this will likely push me over the edge to buy them. I’m also in need of a spotter and Maven will be on the short list for that as well.

WELL DONE MAVEN!

10ringer

WKR
Awesome to hear of companies like Maven going “way” over the top for their customers. Thanks for sharing your experience. I just might top my next rifle with an rs1.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Z

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome to hear of companies like Maven going “way” over the top for their customers. Thanks for sharing your experience. I just might top my next rifle with an rs1.2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a great scope! First reticle I’ve used that I like more than the SWFA Mil-Quad!

BLJ

WKR
What made you think your elevation turret was damaged? Was it on the outside of the turret or a tracking/RTZ issue?

TN2shot07

WKR
Awesome to hear! I have 2 scopes and a pair of binos, fortunately I’ve never had an issue to need customer service.

My first pair of binos I did the demo option, only time I was ever on the phone with them and it was a smooth process.

OP
Z

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
What made you think your elevation turret was damaged? Was it on the outside of the turret or a tracking/RTZ issue?

I dropped the rifle and it landed hard on the elevation turret from roughly waist height on hard gravel at our local range. I could see the turret was bent when I attempted to dial it and the dialing was not as smooth nor the clicks as crisp. Due to the bending it became tough to dial after about 180 degrees. It was still on target when I shot it a few times but it was getting dark by then so I couldn’t formally check tracking or RTZ. I was honestly amazed it was still on target after that drop though.

Reactions: BLJ
I dropped the rifle and it landed hard on the elevation turret from roughly waist height on hard gravel at our local range. I could see the turret was bent when I attempted to dial it and the dialing was not as smooth nor the clicks as crisp. Due to the bending it became tough to dial after about 180 degrees. It was still on target when I shot it a few times but it was getting dark by then so I couldn’t formally check tracking or RTZ. I was honestly amazed it was still on target after that drop though.
Good lord 😂 I hope they are building a bunch of RS 1.2s because they are going to sell a lot of them

Last edited:

ljalberta

WKR
Intentional drop of slip of the hands?

Either way, great CS. Looking forward to getting mine. I have to say the CS was also excellent in assisting me get a scope ordered during the sale when I was missing each restock.

When I spoke with them, they did say they are selling much more than anticipated already. Let’s hope this is indeed a hit for them, and we can maybe get some movement on some other great options. A durable 3-12 option around the 20oz mark and a fixed 6 around 18oz would still be my dream.