Lever Action Hunters

toughluck

FNG
I've got a JM Marlin 1895M in .450 Marlin that I am fond of. 18.5" barrel is super handy in the timber. It has taken a couple of does and this year I've put a scope on it so it will be used more.

Sobrbiker

WKR
I’ve got a 1970 44mag 94 and a 22WMR 9422. Love them! Nothing but coyotes and rattlesnakes yet, but I really want to get into bow range on cervids with the 44mag.

That’s a really nice JM 45-70. My buddy has gone down that road. If you reload, I’d not bother with the Leverrevolution stuff-too much fun to be had with more effective ammo with XTP’s and hard cast.

Oh, you may want to rethink that scope after trying some adult loads, or hope it’s got some generous eye relief.....

kid44

Lil-Rokslider
I have Marlin 1895 in .45-70, not the guide gun. Only change I may make to it is to remove the factory front sight and replace with a green fiber optic one.

Rknight

Lil-Rokslider
This thread just made my weekend plans. I have my great grandpa’s marlin model 93 30-30 in the safe. Kept saying gonna use it this season but have been too lazy to replace the firing pin. Getting it done Saturday now. Rifle was made early 20s and has probably taken more deer than I’ll ever see

mcseal2

WKR
I like the lever guns. Although I rarely hunt with one I shoot my 357 or 30-30 lever rifles quite a bit, at least I did when ammo was available.

I like the idea of getting a stainless Marlin 1895SBL but have not done so yet. I want to cheat and put a 1-6x Huskemaw scope I have on the rail after I zero the iron sights. I'll have a short handy rig that way but still have the ability to shoot steel with it out to 250 yards or so. That scope lets me shoot with both eyes open on 1x about like a red dot, but still have a little magnification to pick a hole in the brush if I need to.

Although I don't have pictures.. I killed my first roebuck in Germany with a marlin 30-30. I now own a 94 trapper in 44mag.. haven't had the chance to really hunt with it. The carbine is a blast to shoot though.

RafterH

FNG
I have had many levers. Currently have a Marlin 30-30 and a 444 Marlin. Use at least one of them every year. The 444 Marlin has taken game out to 275 yards with great authority. I am considering pulling the scope off the 30-30 and installing a peep. These two have accounted for numerous deer, coyotes, turkeys, hogs and one big Axis. While I am blessed to have several other rifles to play with, these are too cool to let go of.

I hunt with a winchester my grandfather bought the day he got off his battle ship in WWII. I cant find any pictures of it but its killed deer, bobcats coyotes, hogs and even a gator.

1ef2df500cc31f60b1f20d013521a7a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
I like the lever guns. Although I rarely hunt with one I shoot my 357 or 30-30 lever rifles quite a bit, at least I did when ammo was available.

I like the idea of getting a stainless Marlin 1895SBL but have not done so yet. I want to cheat and put a 1-6x Huskemaw scope I have on the rail after I zero the iron sights. I'll have a short handy rig that way but still have the ability to shoot steel with it out to 250 yards or so. That scope lets me shoot with both eyes open on 1x about like a red dot, but still have a little magnification to pick a hole in the brush if I need to.
Yup YUP! It's all about the 1x low end with these guns. Both eyes open! POW!!!