Light weight scope that will except a custom turret

I’m looking for a scope that is under 20 ounces that is in the 14-15 maximum power range. I have read everything I can until I’ve gotten a headache and my eyes are crossed. I’ve used a tract toric with a custom dial for several years and it has done a good job. I just don’t care for the grey color. It just doesn’t look right sitting on a rifle with a nice walnut stock. I haven’t had good experiences with the leupolds. I wouldn’t mind dialing if the scopes weren’t so heavy. I understand why they have to be heavy, that’s just not what I need. This is going on a light back packing rifle. I’m about half decrepit and my eyes aren’t what they used to be so I need decent glass. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
Excellent glass, built stout with an excellent erector system to allow consistent, repeated dialing is tough to put in a lightweight package. A NF 2-10 SHV is around that, the 4-14 a couple ounces more. Same for a Trijicon Credo or Tenmile. After those, pickings get slim.

OP
Chicken155
Excellent glass, built stout with an excellent erector system to allow consistent, repeated dialing is tough to put in a lightweight package. A NF 2-10 SHV is around that, the 4-14 a couple ounces more. Same for a Trijicon Credo or Tenmile. After those, pickings get slim.
How does the credo’s glass compare to the NF’s?

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Leupold VX 5 HD 3-15x44

Really light. Have it on one of my rifles and works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chicken155
Leupold VX 5 HD 3-15x44

Does it have a custom turret? Do you dial it up and does it return to zero accurately? Thanks.

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Does it have a custom turret? Do you dial it up and does it return to zero accurately? Thanks.

Yes. It returns and locks at zero. Get a free custom turret through leupold with purchase and additional ones are like $80.

I have a night force shv 3-9 it’s pretty sweet. Has turrets but you have to take the caps off to dial. Think it’s 22 oz I also have a trijjicon Huron 3-9 15 ozs 1 inch tube it has bdc ret but also could dial it if I took the caps off it was 337$ on a deal off europtic. This scope lives on my chassis 6.5 prc with suppressor think I have the entire rifle at 7.14 oz …

Glass on the NF is maybe slightly better and when I say slightly I mean they are so similar it was hard to tell them apart when comparing them at last light.

If you could find a unicorn (swfa 3-9x32) think they are in the 9-10oz category(but good luck)

If I wanted to shell out 1700$ I would have bought the NF nxs 2.5x10 but from what I hear it’s got the same glass as the shv but with an exposed turret and a zero stop.

The Huron has a better eye relief for mounting…

It’s really hard bc you they don’t make a light weight super durable mountain scope.

Look at the offerings from SWFA, they did really good in the drop tests.

Dixie

FNG
Leupold VX 5 HD 3-15x44

Have two of the VX 5 HD 3-15 and have worked great so far for me... but might do a search as others aren't so lucky.
the windage dial doesn't have distinct clicks is my only complaint .

rickyw

FNG
Burris signature hd 3-15 is 20.8 ounces and can accept a custom turret. I sent one to form for testing so we will see how it performs

Macintosh

WKR
Same as above—if you like your scope why not just get it cerakoted or paint it whatever color you want?

OP
Chicken155
That scope is mounted on my whitetail rifle and has a custom turret that is dead on with my ammo. It’s my go to rifle for stand hunting. I could buy another Tract but the back packing rifle probably is going to get treated a little rougher.