Lighteat or Best AICS Magazine for hunting?

UPDATE:

Unfortunately, on the second trip to the range the magazine completely failed. A retaining clip in the bottom plate snapped off. The magazine had never been dropped or slammed. It had only seen very gentle use.

I contacted the owner previously over a shipping issue with the usps and he was very willing to work it out. So I’m sure he would replace the magazine. However, I’m not willing to take the chance of this reoccurring during a hunt.

Attachments

• 1F8D29AE-FDBE-49B0-BB31-F7FA9C87C779.jpeg
    1F8D29AE-FDBE-49B0-BB31-F7FA9C87C779.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 24

MTgunguru

FNG
Just wanted to thank @XLR for all of their help and amazing customer service. Matt and Chris over there know their business very well, and if they don't have the answer, they get it, no guessing. I have an XLR chassis coming soon and I cannot wait to get everything put together!
@XLR I have a question about AICS mags and specifically looking to get on for a new setup. I have a new chassis(KRG to be specific, wish I had heard about you guys first but I have other builds I’m working on for long range) anyway it’s a Remington 700 long action chambered in .270 Win that I’m going to use for whitetail hunting. Do you know of any issues I would have with the Magpul standard long action AICS magazines? I wanted to stick with polymer magazines or I’ve seen some short actions in a polymer/metal hybrid magazine. Any suggestions? Thanks!