Lightweight Baselayer Needed

tracker12

Well Known Rokslider
In my later years I have developed a reaction to my lightweight merino wool base layers. I am now looking for a non-merino wool base layer. Looking for lightweight piece for chilly days. I have been using merino for the last 25 years so this in new territory for me. What do you goes like out there. I do have Sitka Lightweight hoody and fanatic hoody which I like. This item will be non hooded.

sneaky

Well Known Rokslider
Are you having a reaction to the merino itself, or to the dye that is used to color the wool?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hondo

Well Known Rokslider
I prefer the Sitka Gear Core LW material for a synthetic base layer over the the Kuiu Peloton 118 but both are good. I have worn the Peloton 97 as a base layer when it is cold and it performed well. I haven't tried the Stone Glacier Enduro base layers yet but likely will. For a non-hunting brand I like the Outdoor Research Echo 1/4 zips.

Wapiti151

Well Known Rokslider
I use Sitka core for all my bases, i have synthetic and wool but prefer their synthetics. Stone Glacier just came out with a new synthetic options as well...although i haven't tried it yet.

excaliber

Well Known Rokslider
The Sitka base layers in synthetic are awesome but so are my lightweight wicker bottoms I paid 7.00 for at STP. I like them just as much.

OP
tracker12

tracker12

Well Known Rokslider
I think I will give the Sitka Core Light Crew. Really hasen't been a Sitka item I have not liked. Fanatic Hoodie is one of my favorite pieces. The LW core may work out fine under it.

Av3rageJoe

IMO I prefer the kuiu peloton 118 to the lw hoody from sitka. I prefer the 118 against my skin over just about everything else I've tried. It would be the perfect baselayer if it had a dang hood!

OP
tracker12

tracker12

Well Known Rokslider
That Peloton 118 does look like a nice choice especially when those solids arrive.

jd1006

Well Known Rokslider
The peloton 118 boxers are my favorite. Wish they brought them back. I’d go with that in a zip-off options

Turkeygetpwnd38

Well Known Rokslider
I like the peloton 118 over the Sitka LW, feels better on the skin and seems to hold less odor. I can get 7 days out of the peloton, Sitka starts getting pretty ripe after 2.