Lightweight Tikka Action?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
The actions are still being tested and the price is not set yet. But they should be available soon after Jake gets through all of the RokStok emails:)

IMG_2118.jpeg

Little cleaners pics

244fd2db6eaf46914b27bdddbf553d23.jpg

ce8ccdf4fe2aa8f7fdd5d880e1195395.jpg

TheTone

WKR
Very cool, I’m currently trying to swing a deal for a coworkers tikka. Price he mentioned is good enough that I can totally justify doing some work on it

ThatDUDE

WKR
The actions are still being tested and the price is not set yet. But they should be available soon after Jake gets through all of the RokStok emails:)

View attachment 645917

Is the smaller bolt handle so you don’t accidentally engage the bolt holding the rifle? I remember Form posting something showing a T1x handle would be a better length. Is that the general idea?

I'd imagine that'll cost enough, if you're looking at a new build you might as well go full custom.
Depending on cost but for my current setup I could have a 23oz action for under $1000…tikkas are smoother than some customs I’ve felt. For a medium action what more are you gaining by all the extra money for a defiance?

z987k

WKR
Depending on cost but for my current setup I could have a 23oz action for under $1000…tikkas are smoother than some customs I’ve felt. For a medium action what more are you gaining by all the extra money for a defiance?
Where'd they post cost and weight?

Where'd they post cost and weight?
There’s been a few guys that have down the same thing, they have been able to reduce 4oz in the action for not much over $200. This is purely just telling the smith to remove material in some spots. On page 1 it was mentioned the UM program removes 5oz. You can lose another ounce by swapping out the bolt handle from the factory with some units. Action with no trigger weighs 28oz from the factory. Put in the numbers and you get a pretty affordable lightweight action.