Lightweight Tikka Action?

Pretty badass

Looks like I will just send the whole thing to UM when I decide to give my 308 6creed affirming care, get it back completely unrecognizable

It is a lot of money just for 4 oz savings when it doesn't do anything for functionality and in some aspects reduces it. Looks like awesome work and a win for the gram counters though.

JBMAK

FNG
Classified Approved
Biggest question I have is where do yall move the serial number to? Bottom of the action is the logical place but thought I would verify.

@Unknown Munitions @Ryan Avery
I swung into the shop today and checked it out. On the shop model, they lasered the serial number in the slot that is one slot in front of and above the bolt release button if I remember correctly.

I'm not familiar with the atf guidelines, but maybe they could do it on the underside like you were thinking?

How much of the weight reduction is removing the top of the rail vs just the side pockets?

Isn’t one of the benefits of Tikkas that it’s a more closed system with less space for debris to enter the action?
This is one of my concerns. Although I am not super concerned about it because it seems like a very small likely hood. I really like the look of it but I have a hard time possibly making something less “perfect” for a couple onces.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
de23ac937bda3bb0220dad91486d4c22.jpg

Headed to Nitride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bolt is factory fluted

Ace #2 20” 7.5
1979810e880ede4cb623d48f9cdd6916.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is that the finished length? Is there a reason the flutes stop so far back from the muzzle? Looks badass either way...

What's the best donor rifle chambering for a 6-7prc barrel swap? Maybe 300wm or 7rm for the long bolt stop & mag bolt?

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Is that the finished length? Is there a reason the flutes stop so far back from the muzzle? Looks badass either way...

What's the best donor rifle chambering for a 6-7prc barrel swap? Maybe 300wm or 7rm for the long bolt stop & mag bolt?
No, a few inches will be cut off the muzzle. I am using the Tikka action above a few posts that started as a 300 WM and then was the original 6UM action.