Lightweight Tikka Action?

BBob

WKR
Where do we find these?
Likely Unknown Munitions. They posted recently they had the programs about ready to go and were going to run a test soon. I assume that’s what is being shown.

As an option I believe Karl Feldcamp has done something similar.

Sadler

WKR
That’s pretty good. I had one done a few years back and saved 4oz and that included fluting the bolt.

Ac338

WKR
Likely Unknown Munitions. They posted recently they had the programs about ready to go and were going to run a test soon. I assume that’s what is being shown.

As an option I believe Karl Feldcamp has done something similar.
Ahh okay thank you I missed that

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
Is UM selling Tikka receivers or offering this as a service for customers existing rifles?

It reminds me very strongly of a Savage Lightweight Storm. And I say that as a good thing...

I was literally sending mine out for this same thing in a few weeks. Looks like I’ll have to wait and give them a try!

Is this available now or just a test run?

ljalberta

WKR
I was literally sending mine out for this same thing in a few weeks. Looks like I’ll have to wait and give them a try!

Is this available now or just a test run?
I think once finalized, they will be putting their fluting/weight reduction options on their website.

eamyrick

WKR
Has anyone had one slabbed instead of the drilled out pockets? Wondering what the weight difference is? Either way I’m going down this rabbit hole for sure.