Limitless Outdoors-mule deer

OP
I

idahoan

FNG
I am not a very religious guy and I don't go to church. But when I am in the mountains or on the lake I feel like I am closer to God I just like these guys' message and I think most people that watch their shows would like it.....

CGSwimmer25

Lil-Rokslider
They are both great guys but they show WAY to much of Idaho. Totally jacked up a place I have hunted for years. I know this because I asked ten of the thirty plus people I ran into on the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same could be said for what this forum has done to many areas in Alaska. Damn shame

ikeG

FNG
They must sharing their hunt areas personally to people because I've never heard any details on the vids.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

CGSwimmer25

Lil-Rokslider
We(Robby and I) are showing videos of Alaska?

Sorry, not my point. I’ll clarify. I don’t watch these hunting shows but unfortunately, like most things these days, they post information through video on social media that puts the spotlight on certain areas. This spotlight resulted in 30 guys hunting an area that you frequent, and added negativity to your hunt. I’m not saying those folks shouldn’t have been there, but that video put too much focus on one area and overcrowded it. Had this been the old days before social media, people would be forced to do their own research and not rely on social media to get an easy answer on where to hunt. This made for more space, as the “spotlight” wasn’t on one particular trail head.

The same thing happens on Rokslide. People come on here and post the same stuff over and over. Apparently, in the enormous state of Alaska, there’s only one spot to hunt Caribou, blacktail deer etc. People come up here for their “once in a lifetime trip” and are equally excited about posting every detail of the trip on social media as they are going on the hunt to begin with. A river I used to float and maybe see one group now has camps every 2 miles, bears accustomed to stealing quarters off the river bar where group after group are dropped, air transport costs quadrupled because “non residents are willing to pay”. Never seen law enforcement out in the field before, they always checked folks back at that hangar. Now park service law enforcement are flying their helicopter out and checking people right on the river bar. Kodiak’s airport overwhelmed with guys in camo getting off the plane to hunt and fish here, because this is the only place in Alaska with deer and salmon apparently.

My point is, Rokslide is just as bad, if not worse than these Limitless guys and all the other “influencers” posting their crap videos all over social media. It’s continuing to feed this social media addiction and shining the spotlight on specific areas, which the uninformed and lazy use to crowd areas. I don’t post my frustrations too often, because it’s pointless. I’m only saying it’s a damn shame things aren’t the way they used to be.

BBob

WKR
Huge buck, huge, huge buck, huge....:ROFLMAO: It's a nice buck but huge???? Story changes when the ground shrinkage becomes apparent "he's so good" "really good buck" "he's a solid deer".... :LOL: Then 10 minutes of "blah blah blah" about whatever finished off by a Patreon pitch to become part of their crew. Gzus... no thanks!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Sorry, not my point. I’ll clarify. I don’t watch these hunting shows but unfortunately, like most things these days, they post information through video on social media that puts the spotlight on certain areas. This spotlight resulted in 30 guys hunting an area that you frequent, and added negativity to your hunt. I’m not saying those folks shouldn’t have been there, but that video put too much focus on one area and overcrowded it. Had this been the old days before social media, people would be forced to do their own research and not rely on social media to get an easy answer on where to hunt. This made for more space, as the “spotlight” wasn’t on one particular trail head.

The same thing happens on Rokslide. People come on here and post the same stuff over and over. Apparently, in the enormous state of Alaska, there’s only one spot to hunt Caribou, blacktail deer etc. People come up here for their “once in a lifetime trip” and are equally excited about posting every detail of the trip on social media as they are going on the hunt to begin with. A river I used to float and maybe see one group now has camps every 2 miles, bears accustomed to stealing quarters off the river bar where group after group are dropped, air transport costs quadrupled because “non residents are willing to pay”. Never seen law enforcement out in the field before, they always checked folks back at that hangar. Now park service law enforcement are flying their helicopter out and checking people right on the river bar. Kodiak’s airport overwhelmed with guys in camo getting off the plane to hunt and fish here, because this is the only place in Alaska with deer and salmon apparently.

My point is, Rokslide is just as bad, if not worse than these Limitless guys and all the other “influencers” posting their crap videos all over social media. It’s continuing to feed this social media addiction and shining the spotlight on specific areas, which the uninformed and lazy use to crowd areas. I don’t post my frustrations too often, because it’s pointless. I’m only saying it’s a damn shame things aren’t the way they used to be.

I don't disagree with some of that.

But when I went to Kodiak an Alaskan native showed me around.:)

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Huge buck, huge, huge buck, huge....:ROFLMAO: It's a nice buck but huge???? Story changes when the ground shrinkage becomes apparent "he's so good" "really good buck" "he's a solid deer".... :LOL: Then 10 minutes of "blah blah blah" about whatever finished off by a Patreon pitch to become part of their crew. Gzus... no thanks!
Aint nothing wrong with getting excited. And he's just doing what he believes in. I kinda like the dude but yes, they give a little too much info out.

Randy

BBob

WKR
Yep seem like good guys and certainly nothing wrong with getting excited but it's just another group trying to jump on the influencer bandwagon to profit off hunting all the while exposing territory. Sitting way behind the deer to inflate it while rambling on pontificating about why they hunt followed by a $$$ pitch is just well....you know. If the video skipped some of the extra BS and was about some regular guys excited about sharing their hunt It'd be a different story.

huntnful

WKR
Some hard hunting mofos and I like their videos besides all the bible thumping. But I still watch them all and just fast forward through those parts haha. This was the first time I heard the pitch about $$ though. Either way I’ve watched a ton of their videos, and the dudes after it!! Great videos. Even better if you love Jesus 🤙🏼.

I like their episodes and enjoy the message they put out.

One think that irks me a bit is how many animals they kill each season... multiple moose, multiple elk, multiple deer, etc, then they give a lot of it away. If you’re going to give so much away just buy some steers and feed them out. At times I think they just kill stuff solely for their show whether they have room for it or not.

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Yea internet definitely exposes some areas when guys aren’t careful with photos , but 75 % of hunters wouldn’t make it where these guys go , some yes , can’t let people discourage you , biggest buck ( low 190) I’ve killed was right underneath someone’s nose who didn’t know he was there , that’s public land hunting