Listen and Win a Hoyt Carbon Bow

Mcfar

FNG
Great topic, The tuning section and talking about the 3rd axis was very helpful! Going to put my bow in the press and check it out now!

Interesting to hear how limb design helps with bow torque riser flex. Setting up the bow for proper axis.
How the "straws" flew better with a higher foc weight in them. Makes sense.

3rd axis because the local shops around me have never touched on that before and how Hoyt seems to be taking lead in the bow industry by being the first with Carbon Fiber bows and now with torque cable guards. I will be listening to it again to try and take in more about the 2nd and 3rd axis leveling.

Thanks for such a great giveaway!

Juice

FNG
Thanks for all the great info. Biggest take away was explanation of 3rd axis. The spin test technique will also be helpful for this novice shooter.

RedRidge

WKR
Understanding how to check my third axis. Since I am in that 99% of whitetail hunters who primarily use a tree stand and am going on my first DIY archery elk hunt this season I am glad I got to hear the explanation and how to check it. Good podcast.

CritterGetter

Lil-Rokslider
The whole podcast was very informing. I am thoroughly impressed with the ZT cable guards and the lack of torque with them. They do make a difference in the tuning aspect. The 3rd axis was good as well.

Pig_Pen

FNG
The third axis was an "ah ha" moment for me. I put on a new sight last summer and set it up the third axis while it was mounted on the bow but at rest. I put it on and used a small square to ensure it was at 90 degrees to the mount and verified it was level to the riser while tilting the bow holder forward and aft. I have a particular ridge that has always been really good to me but the shots are fairly steep compared to most here in Illinois. This past season I missed 2 good sized public lands bucks when Making this nasty down hill shot. I went out tonight and checked it with a level taped to the riser and low and behold the bubbles were different while at full draw.

I appreciate the cast, there is some very good information in the discussion. Looks like I have some work to get done this weekend.

Hoot

WKR
Like most everyone, the third axis leveling was interesting to me, something I had heard of before but being an extreme novice archer, I paid no attention to. Makes sense to me...

I also thought the anchor point/minimal string contact was good information, along with the cam lean being useful for tuning (at least on Hoyts)

Thanks for the opportunity!

Rick!

FNG
It was interesting to hear about how split limbs add to bow stability.
It was interesting to hear how some risers can flex in a bow press, I guess I've been lucky and not owned one of those as I haven't seen it yet.
I'm still not clear on why aluminum arrows have an advantage over carbons, assuming both are high quality.
I had forgotten about Hoyt's cable roller system. I would like to shoot a new Nitrum or Spyder to understand how it feels at full draw.
The mention of proper draw length is good.

Kudos to Steve for filling in an information gap for archers with this podcast.

I think the thing I learned that I had never considered or thought about before was the advantage to the split limb. I've read a lot about the other topics with tuning, 3rd axis, and how grip and torque affect all enter into the equation, but hearing it talked about again was a good refresher and good to hear the manufacturer's perspective. I shoot Hoyt so I enjoyed that this is a Hoyt driven article. Now it makes me want to upgrade to a ZT bow...

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
Enjoyed learning about the different areas of torque source (if that's a good way of saying it). Interesting on hearing what is really happen when drawing a bow. Thanks for the information and opportunity to win a new Hoyt.

Wow. Excellent discussion all around. It's difficult to put my finger on just one topic. If I had to choose one, I'd say I took the most away from the topic of torque. I always pay attention to my hands and cams, but never really thought about the cable slide or anchor point. Good stuff and thank you Steve and Matt.

Al Quackenbush
The SoCal Bowhunter Blog - www.SoCalBowhunter.com

My one takeaway from this was definitely the Third-axis discussion. I didn't realize how big of a deal this played in being accurate. I just slapped my sight on my bow and started shooting. Now I really want to research more and use the Hamskea level to get my bow shooting better than it is now.

Thanks for the time Steve and Matt to go over these topics with us.