Lone wolf vs Novix vs Beast gear

I’m looking to do primarily hang and hunts this deer season and wanted to know what lock on to get. I’ve hunted pre set stand locations religiously in south ga year after year with little to show for it and was hoping some mobile hunting would maybe change that. I’m sure they’re all great stands but would like to hear some feedback from people who use or have used any of them. Thanks in advance

I have the LWCG 1.0 stand- had the .5 but I just felt more comfortable in the 1.0.

Love the size & packability of the stand, backpack straps work pretty well. Considered finding a cheap frame online from Stone Glacier/Kifaru but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Far as the stand goes it bites into the tree well, has good adjustability, and I like their double step sticks & how they mesh with the stand when carrying everything in. I'm likely ordering the mesh seat for a slightly more comfortable sitting position- not that the pads aren't good or anything but on all day sits I do prefer mesh style seats.

Haven't tried the other two so I can't comment there.

ZipsNLbs

FNG
I have a lone wolf hand climber … awesome stand ! Best climber I have ever owned . I’m sure their hang ons are just as good !

fatlander

WKR
XOP vanish evolution w/ LWCG minis, cable aiders and amsteel daisy chains is my preferred set up.

The XOP is quieter than the LWCG 1.0, couple pounds heavier and a fraction of the price. The LWCG j-hooks fit the sticks to my XOP like they were built for it. Having hunted a couple season with both the LWCG 1.0 and XOP, I would pay more for the XOP than the LWCG stand. The LWCG stand just isn’t that great. It’s very loud compared to cast stands. Their sticks are second to none though. I paid nothing for the LWCG 1.0 I hunted with. A friend loaned it to me for about 2 months, 2 years in a row. . I think the lack of financial commitment I had to it really opened my eyes to how much it leaves to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
I really would like to go with the lone wolf 2.0 but it’s hard to justify waiting 5-6 weeks and paying $400 more than I would for the novix

Matt G.

WKR
I really think it is about your size and the comfort level you can tolerate. Last year I did an comparison between my climber (lw hand climber) vs saddle vs lwcg .5 setups. The gear required for .5 weighed less than my saddle. I know I could go lighter with saddle but I like security of sticks vs ropes or one sticking.

Each setup is a tool. I like any of those stands. If you want size, I think the beast is a good ratio of size to weight. I want to be small and light and went with the .5. If novix, don't go with their cast stands.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Of those I like the beast by far the best. It's extremely comfortable. Its long so your feet don't hang off. And narrow so it tucks behind your back for no snag factor.
Second would be the 1.0. I wouldn't recommend the .5 to my worst enemy. I sold mine after 3 hunts. Like a torture device I found it so uncomfortable. And I couldnt stand my feet hanging off the edge

Factors like if you value platform size over light weight, or what your budget is, play into what might work best for you. I have been running a Lone wolf Assault 2 for years and find it to be the perfect size. I believe size wise its in between the .75 and 1.0 stand from LWCG. The assault 2 is slightly heavier, but I found mine on FB marketplace for $150, significantly cheaper than either LWCG stand.

fatlander

WKR
Factors like if you value platform size over light weight, or what your budget is, play into what might work best for you. I have been running a Lone wolf Assault 2 for years and find it to be the perfect size. I believe size wise its in between the .75 and 1.0 stand from LWCG. The assault 2 is slightly heavier, but I found mine on FB marketplace for $150, significantly cheaper than either LWCG stand.

The cast stands bite the tree better than the water jet cut stands. The LWCG is loud when compared to cast stands. Period. I believe it’s a property of the material vs a construction/stealth stripping issue. When you cam lock the LWCG on a cold November or December morning, it’s LOUD. The sound of sliding down the tree reverbs and is almost amplified through the stand. It makes a metallic sound that doesn’t happen with cast stands.

The juice is worth the squeeze. 2-3 times the price of other stands to save a couple pounds just doesn’t make sense. Without having used both, I wouldn’t know the difference. But there’s no comparison, the LWCG just isn’t quiet and it doesn’t bite the tree as well.

The LWCG sticks are top flight. No one else has anything close to them in my opinion. And they’ll fit on any cast stand with their j-hooks like they were built for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I have a saddle I use as my harness and a lone wolf .5 with a 1.0 seat. I have three beast sticks I use with it. It’s best of both. Been using this set up a few years. Hard to beat.

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the lwcg 1.0 to pair with the double 20 inch sticks. Seems comfortable it’s light and I can be in the tree within 10 mins. Out and ready to leave in 7.5. Once I get some more practice/use I’ll get that time down I think