Long Range Peep Sight latest and greatest?

Could I ask some more info on that front sight?
- What is the diameter of the hood?

The inside diameter measures right at 0.587

- What height of firesight dovetail pin did you use to center the pin in the hood?

I am using the 0.343N Williams fiber optic. and it does come close to being centered

- How is the hood connected to the ramp?

The hood slides into the grooves along the side of the ramp and catches the small knubs in the grooves. Once I get every setup and sighted in - I do use blue lock-tite to keep the hood attached to the ramp

I have a Williams front ramp with hood grooves, but not sure which pin height to purchase along with a hood.
Thanks

I am not sure which rifle you may be shooting or which ramp you are currently using, but the 0.343 should come close to center in the hood with any Williams ramp, even with all the different ramp sights Willimas offers.

Loco4dux

WKR
@sabotloader I have an identical set up (thanks to you). I would like to change my red optic to green too, how did you go about doing that? Can you just buy a green fiber and somehow pop the red one out or do you have to purchase an entirely new front sight piece? And is it an option to replace it with a smaller diameter fiber optic? I feel like I could go down in size slightly. Thanks for your help as always.

@sabotloader I have an identical set up (thanks to you). I would like to change my red optic to green too, how did you go about doing that? Can you just buy a green fiber and somehow pop the red one out or do you have to purchase an entirely new front sight piece? And is it an option to replace it with a smaller diameter fiber optic? I feel like I could go down in size slightly. Thanks for your help as always.

As you suggest - just cut and remove the red and install a new 0.060 green rod in the sight. Touch each with a clean hot soldering iron to swell the ends and you are done,

tdcour

FNG
@sabotloader would something like what you suggest above work for the Williams insert in the link below? It states it is a 0.030 diameter, but I'd rather see a 0.010 size if possible. I have the thin crosshair inserts, but I'm not sure it will be what I want shooting at deer at longer ranges. I've been confident with an older set of iron sights out to 150, but would like my new peep and hood setup from williams to be better than what my first impressions are.

Green fiber optic

https://shop.williamsgunsight.com/ecommerce/p/western-precision-muzzleloader-sight-676584