Looking for a non-camo/tactical looking daypack

In need of a new day pack. This is mostly for whitetail stand hunting, travel, EDC type things. I don't particularly care for it to be camo or look military with Molle sewed on everywhere.

Dont need an external frame and I prefer a simple waist belt. USA made is a plus.

So far the Stone Glacier Avail 2200 checks a lot of my boxes. Any other suggestions?

Mystery ranch has some that look good. As well as kifaru. If all else fails your good old jansport, look up Lucas Botkin, of TRex Arms. he used jansports for a lot to carry collapsed Ar-15’s discreetly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My every day carry backpack isn’t used for any hunting. I travel a lot for work these days and this is always in the truck or under the airplane seat in front of me.

Best edc backpack I’ve used.

7C211919-D293-433B-80C1-AF60BA049D57.jpeg

The SHADO pack from Prometheus Design Werx isn't overly tactical looking in my opinion, especially with the gear trap removed or turned around. I have used the previous version for about 4 years now, no complaints other than the shoulder harness which they fixed for the current generation.

The Kuiu Venture 1800 is a good choice as well. It has a decent suspension for what you need it for but you can also remove the aluminum stays and just use the frame sheet if your just using it as a edc pack. I picked one up this year on black Friday and I am impressed with the pack. Just the right amount of pockets.

Evergoods has a couple packs that might work for you, they are definitely more streamlined, meaning that they don't have compression straps everywhere.

Arcteryx Assault 30 or Khard 30 (same pack, different name)is a good pack, definitely pricey but they are super durable and have removable waistbelt pads.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Kentivan

FNG

I have LHI Military 45L and MOSISO 30L - both are worst evry cent. It depens on season and distance when I take them.

jlbethea

FNG
Check into GORUCK. You might be able to find one without MOLLE on ebay as they used to make them with the SK (slick) and SD (shadow) designations. I have several GR bags and really like them as EDC.

dog

Lil-Rokslider
You seem to be describing the mystery ranch 2 day assault pack. It’s my white tail stand pack and does a great job

moogles

FNG
I have a Karrimor Predator 30 (which is the molle version) and it's a nice top-loading no frills day pack. Check out their 30 Sabre which is the same but without all the webbing.

OP
A
Might as well update this thread. I ended up buying a Mystery Ranch Pop Up 28. Couldn't pass up the deal. Didn't really need the meat hauling ability as I already had a Pintler. Its not as big as I'd have imagined it would be, which is fine by me. It should carry on fine, and doesn't scream tactical or hunting.

I like it enough I'll probably try to trade the Pintler bag off for a Metcalf sized bag for 2-3 day trips.

AdamLewis

FNG
Some of you guys go much larger for your daypack than I do, so mine probably would not work for folks who carry more gear.

My most used one is an HPG Tarahumara. Just a simple center zip bag, 2 small outside pockets, very basic. HAs a pari of compression straps around it but no webbing or the like so it doesn't look at all tactical to me. Sold in several solid colors. It has held up really well and has been very easy to carry regardless of what I stuffed it with.

I sometimes use a Chicken Tramper CTUG-25. More modern design with a good bit more external storage. Really like roll top bags so I dig the main closure on it. Somewhat customizable color-wise. The S shaped shoulder straps are great even on a bag this small. The pop out egg crate foam sit pad is good to have for glassing and seems to help my back stay cooler versus having the pack fabric against it.

Vaultman

WKR
I see OP already got one, but for future lookers... I picked up a Kifaru Urban Ruck 2 when CB was 20% off and for the weeks before it arrived I kind of settled on just returning it. I received it just a day or two before injuring myself pretty bad and needing crutches. That pack has been with me every day since and I am plenty recovered by now (7 weeks later).
The best thing about the Urban Ruck 2 for me... It has 3 external water bottle pockets.

Sadler

WKR
I’m a big fan of the new kifaru antero. No webbing or tactical look to it. I use it everyday for work and travel. The stone glacier avail is nice too.