Looking for ideas/outfitters in TX for late Dec trip

I’m off work between Xmas and New Years, looks like Texas is my best bet for a hunt. Looking for whitetail, or maybe one of the exotics like Axis.

Not really sure where to even start looking to find what’s available. Hoping someone poking around in here might have some connections or advice on where I might look.

Or if you had that week off and wanted to hunt, what would you be looking at doing?

wavygravy

FNG
Check out Texas Hunting Forum in their Guides section. Post up there what you're looking for and see what pops out. No promises on quality and do your homework so you're not hunting in a 50 acre HF pasture. Axis had a rough year with the freeze but there's lots of other exotics around for reasonable prices. Look up nilgai too, not a crazy hunt, but you can fill a freezer with one for a decent price.

Fitzwho

WKR
Quality just depends entirely on budget. Know a few guys that are outfitters in Texas. A buddy of mine is clearing his property and has a ~150" 12pt whitetail (7x5) he is trying to sell for $6500. Don't think that includes much in the way of lodging/food etc. The other guy is a full fledged outfitter in South Texas. His management deer are 150's and include very nice lodging and good food.

OP
B
Quality just depends entirely on budget. Know a few guys that are outfitters in Texas. A buddy of mine is clearing his property and has a ~150" 12pt whitetail (7x5) he is trying to sell for $6500. Don't think that includes much in the way of lodging/food etc. The other guy is a full fledged outfitter in South Texas. His management deer are 150's and include very nice lodging and good food.
Thanks, I'll be sending you a PM here in a few.

I am looking for more of a place that has lodging and food. Just looking to fly in grab a rental and get to where I am going and hunt a few days.

OP
B
Check out Texas Hunting Forum in their Guides section. Post up there what you're looking for and see what pops out. No promises on quality and do your homework so you're not hunting in a 50 acre HF pasture. Axis had a rough year with the freeze but there's lots of other exotics around for reasonable prices. Look up nilgai too, not a crazy hunt, but you can fill a freezer with one for a decent price.
Yeah, I know this stuff gets tricky, especially trying to book something last minute. Good to know about the Axis, couldn't hack that cold weather like other animals I guess? Makes sense.