Looking for Muzzleloader recommendations.

163bc

FNG
Can anyone recommend a good quality built muzzleloader. Primarily will be used for deer and elk. Thanks, 163bc

nobody

WKR
What state will you be hunting? Can you use a scope? Do you have any restrictions on ignition type where you'll be hunting?

OP
163bc

163bc

FNG
I'm looking for reliability, ease of use and accuracy. Mostly in that order

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on the state you are hunting.

Tc is out of business, not known conical shooters.

Knights, horrible customer service, if you can even call it customer service. Bolt problems.

Knowing what regulations you have, will help greatly.

sneaky

"DADDY"
What was the issue w cva barrels?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
There's threads on here discussing their issues. I'd take a Knight over a CVA 8 days a week. I'd rather have a Hawken or a Renegade over either.

i bought new CVA Accura V2 with Nitride coating in 2018 and have had no issues or complaints. don't know the story on bad barrels or components since then - it would be a shame cause it is a great value for what i considered top of the line after my research.

Virginia mostly. Can use a scope, no restrictions on ignition.
No doubt in my mind! Knight Ulta-Lite

Nitride-79.jpg

56-4-24-22-Shoot.jpg

But i am terribly biased!!

Rich M

WKR
I got an optima when they were selling out during covid. It's easy and accurate. There is nothing wrong with mine.

Rooggvc

WKR
Two friends and I run CVA Optima's. No problems between us. I really enjoy mine.

If you can find a used TC Encore, that would be my first recommendation. The frame is considered a firearm, so it is a bit more of a pain to purchase, but they are solid performers. Plus, if you decide that muzzloading isn’t for you, they are easier to sell on the used market, or just get a rifle barrel for it and hunt with that.

If you don’t want to go that route, then I would have to say CVA is probably your best option. I am not familiar with the recent barrel issues noted above, but they use Bergara barrels, which have a great reputation in both the ML and rifle community.

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
No doubt in my mind! Knight Ulta-Lite

Nitride-79.jpg

56-4-24-22-Shoot.jpg

But i am terribly biased!!
I would go Knight after owning a CVA Accura v2 traditions vortec ultra light . I have had the best performance from my Knight .It will shoot any bullet CVA recommends powerbelt only the bore sizes difference with CVA sister cva accura bore is 501 her husbands 499 thats crap we sent it back and got the CVA letter use power belts in a North west legal muzzy .Traditions 2 broken stocks arm piece yes Traditions sent replacements but change stock every year befor season no thanks, Knight is a good shooting gun very good in my pick

Dabouv

FNG
I have a few muzzleloaders. I have a remington ultimate but I regret it as I can't use it here. I muzzleload mostly inNebraska. It is advertised as a 300 yard gun, I'd say in my hands it is a 200 yard gun but its windy out there too. I have a cva optima and no gun I own has put more meat on the table per dollar then that rifle. My longest shot is 155 yards with it. I think that I will probably get rid of the remington ultimate and get an accura MRX as my next rifle, lets me use it locally too. I know some people don't love cvas but me and a number of buddies have used and no one I now has a complaint.

Dabouv

FNG
me and a buddy purchased Cva optimas years ago and they have been flawless. i don’t think I own a gun that has put more meat on the table