Low Heel Rise Hiking Boots - Options?

bhtkevin

FNG
I tried the Inov8 Roc-lite 400's last year and although they are light, I found them way to "stretchy." I would have to keep tighting the boot over and over because the leather would stretch out so bad. Its not bad on flat ground, but get them wet and side hill and WATCH OUT. I wore them in the Tian Shan mountains in waist deep snow and my toes were like ice (it wasnt supposed to snow or be that cold). Then I wore them in the lower elevations and they just kept stretching so bad...

Anyone have any other suggestions of a similar boot? I am looking at the Saucony ProGrid Adventerra GTX. It has a 4mm heel-to-toe drop and seems like its built well.

JGO

FNG
I have tried several (Inov8, La Sportiva, Vasque, etc..). So far, one of my favorite all time is the Danner Jackal. The sole does not have a lot of tread but grips and allows your foot to work. I didn't mind and in fact liked the thin/connected feel underfoot. Used one pair for two years, 65+ pounds loads, countless miles...
This year I am going to try something with a little more rise and slightly more structure (Lowa Zephyr GTX). I like the boot but just has more structure than I have used in many years, I may end up going to Cabela's last minute to pick up the proven Jackal.