Low or Med Tally’s for 84M Kimber mountain ascent

cruizer

Lil-Rokslider
For those that have the 84m MA, which one piece Tally mounts are you using, low or Med?
I will be mounting a Vx-3HD 1.5-5x20, and would like to go with low, but want to make sure the bolt will clear with low mounts. Thanks in advance.
By the way, the stain on the butt stock is not nearly as bad as pictures made it look. Really nice lightweight rifle.

mt100gr.

WKR
For those that have the 84m MA, which one piece Tally mounts are you using, low or Med?
I will be mounting a Vx-3HD 1.5-5x20, and would like to go with low, but want to make sure the bolt will clear with low mounts. Thanks in advance.
By the way, the stain on the butt stock is not nearly as bad as pictures made it look. Really nice lightweight rifle.
I have talley low rings on a kimber hunter 84m holding a swfa ultralight 2.5-10x32.

OP
cruizer

cruizer

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks mt, I’ll get a low set on order, and thanks again for the lead on the rifle.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My Montana has talley lows and it easily accommodated a 2.5-8x36 leupold so you could easily put a 1.5-5 on with lows. They also make an extra low for the Kimber 84m.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’ve got a 42mm on Talley lows with a kimber short action, you’ll be fine I think.

leclairk

FNG
Are you guys talking about rings that mount directly to the receiver? I've got a vx3 3-10x40 and I would like the scope as low to the stock as possible. Would like to stay away from a picatinny rail. Looks like the 1" lows are .400" high. Should work?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Are you guys talking about rings that mount directly to the receiver? I've got a vx3 3-10x40 and I would like the scope as low to the stock as possible. Would like to stay away from a picatinny rail. Looks like the 1" lows are .400" high. Should work?
Yes

OMB

WKR
If in doubt, e-mail Talley with your rifle/scope set up, they've always been prompt and accurate responding in my experience.