Need Input on Scope Mount for Savage 16 LWH

Crusader

WKR
Hey guys, I have a Savage model 16 lightweight hunter in .308; currently it has a Burris FF II E1 30mm tube scope on it in Talley one-piece rings. I am replacing the Burris with a Leupold VX-3HD 3.5-10x40 scope. The Burris is still mounted on the rifle. When holding the Leupold next to the Burris in the mounting position I'd need to get proper scope position and eye relief, it looks like the Talley style rings won't provide adequate spacing for the Leupold; the front ring is too far forward and would obstruct/hit the objective bell. Basically, the Leupold is too short for proper spacing, the scope can't come back far enough for proper sighting position and eye relief.

So my question is, are there any other one-piece mounts that could solve my issue? Or, am I going to have to go to a picatinny rail and "regular" rings to get the needed positioning? I like the one-piece mount setup due to less screws/attachment points in the mounting system as well as the cleaner and neater look but maybe I won't have that option with the Leupold.

Thanks in advance.

OP
Crusader

Crusader

WKR
Tried that, but it still needs to be about 1 inch farther back to the rear of the receiver. But thanks for the thought!