Low recoil for bigger game

Elite

WKR
.308 cartridge.
There isn't a cartridge made that justifies a brake for hunting.

Why is that? When I am solo mountain hunting and being able to spot my exact shots is a huge bonus of a brake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pyre

FNG
Ron Spomer advocates for the 25-06 for its flat, laser like ballistics profile, muzzle energy and overall ability to take down nearly any North American game with more forgiving felt recoil than its .30-06 cousin that its necked down from. I shoot a Rem700 mountain rifle with 117 gr Hornady American Whitetail cartridges with nary a wince.

Elite

WKR
Ron Spomer advocates for the 25-06 for its flat, laser like ballistics profile, muzzle energy and overall ability to take down nearly any North American game with more forgiving felt recoil than its .30-06 cousin that its necked down from. I shoot a Rem700 mountain rifle with 117 gr Hornady American Whitetail cartridges with nary a wince.

Probably one of the most underrated cartridges

Pyre

FNG
Probably one of the most underrated cartridges

Old as all get out too but keepers of the chambering seem to adhere to the “ain’t broke, don’t fix” adage.

sdupontjr

WKR
I too was in a similar situation. I had been shooting a 7mm rem mag for the last 30 or so years. Recent shoulder injury caused me to try a 308. Haven't looked back since. Picked up a Rem 700 308 for my boys, liked it so much I picked up a tikka t3 308 for me. It's my go to for anything I do. The difference was I didnt have any issue finding 7 mag ammo as you are having issues. mine was just recoil due to bum shoulder and age.

TheHammer

WKR
Ron also advocates maximum point blank range zeroing of rifles with that caveat. I like Ron’s channel, seems like a decent guy. Out of the ops options my vote goes to 308 with a silencerco scythe ti. I’ve had great success with the 168gr ttsx in several 308s. That being said several on here would advocate for eldm. I tried the eldm superformance out of a recent setup and had .5”@100 and .7”@200 4shot groups. .4” &.5”w/the ttsx. The sig hunter elite rounds seem to pack a punch for factory ammo as well. Not sure what’s available to you. Good luck!

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
.308 has been my go to for several years. Ammo everywhere and it's effective on game. I have a 6.5 CM as well, but still usually grab the .308.