Lowa Warranty Service

charvey9

WKR
I just wanted to add if you have GTX Lowa's, Gore-Tex does have an awesome warranty for waterproofing issues. I had a pair of Lowa Uplanders that started leaking badly after about two years. They went from watertight to soaking wet in a short period of time.

2 years may seem like a good run, but having several pair of boots I use for different seasons the soles and uppers had a lot of life left in them and I was bummed to find out the Lowa warranty had expired. Then I found out about the Gore-Tex warranty and contacted them. After exchanging some info and pictures they accepted my warranty return and I had a brand new pair of Lowa Uplanders within a week.

Just something to keep in mind as another option if Lowa does not stand behind their product.

OP
Jason Snyder
This is exactly how I figure it goes. I have three pairs of high end boots right now, hoping to get 4-5 years out of the lot. I tend to think of boot life in terms of miles rather than years. If a pair of boots makes it over 300 without a major failure, they did well. 400 is great and 500 is exceptional. I'm beginning to think that boot manufacturing isn't very consistent. My two pairs of Lowas (Tibet GTX Hi & Tech Lites) are holding up incredibly well. I'm expecting 400+ out of each pair. I use Grangers as recommended by Lathrops. No problems so far.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's an interesting way of looking at it. How did you arrive at your benchmarks? My estimate is around 300-350 miles on these boots.

Edit: I probably put about 600 miles on the last pair of Crispi boots I had (Idaho) before they crapped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Jason Snyder
I spent all afternoon trudging around chasing chukars. Two things became readily apparent to me:

1). The Freesole looks like it will hold.

2). In all fairness I should have asked to speak to a manager before posting this.

I have always measured boots longevity in miles as well. It just seemed logical as I have insulated boots that are ten years old but only see 20 or so miles a year. It is fairly rare for me to get more than 250-300 miles on a pair of boots....usually even less for my hiking shoes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That's an interesting way of looking at it. How did you arrive at your benchmarks? My estimate is around 300-350 miles on these boots.

Mostly just by wearing them out. Lots of expensive boots don't make it much over 200 before having a failure that makes them unusable. Typically my buddy and I end up walking through the toe. I am pretty particular about maintaining the upper, so that usually holds up. Rand separation, sole separation, and worn through toes kill most of them. Any real mountaineering boot should easily break 300. It's the lighter ones that die early.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

To the OP, I can understand your frustration but I'd just like to mention that I personally just had the opposite experience. After my September elk hunt I noticed that the sole of my "old style" Cevedales was beginning to fall off. I sent some pictures to Lowa USA and they said that it would be $80 plus some shipping to have them resoled in Germany. I was okay with that, so I sent them in. I got a phone call about a week later saying that they would be sending them to Germany free of charge. It did take me almost 3 months to get them back but they came back almost totally reconditioned...new waterproof treatment, new rand, new sole (newer style), new laces, and new footbeds. I thought it was above and beyond for a boot they don't even make anymore. Just saying. I know personal experience can be different depending on what company rep you get.

OP
Jason Snyder
Artus,

That's outstanding, but also makes it all the more puzzling why they gave me zero help at all. Like I said earlier, even mailing me a tube of glue and some suggestions on how to repair the boots would have been a million times better than the middle finger I got.

Absolutely nowhere in their warranty or their boot care guide does it say to not use beeswax product such as Sno Seal.

WyoElk

WKR
I bought a pair of Tibets last April that I'm having the same problem with. I never treated them. I've only used them for one season of hunting now. I filled out their warranty slip and sent them the pictures they requested. The asked me to send them back (which cost me $25). I sent them off yesterday so we will see what happens.

I really hope they do right by me. These have been some really great boots that have continued to impress me but if I can only get less than one season out of them I'm going to have to go a different direction.

Well, Lowa asked me to send my boots in for inspection. I sent them just before Christmas and have not heard a word since. Today a brand new pair arrived on my doorstep. I'm pretty happy with that resolve.

For what it's worth, they never asked, nor did we discuss any boot treatments.

GKPrice

Banned
for all of us who use Lowa boots, let's remember this thread - IF anyone has future issues with their Lowa boots the FIRST step should be to post on social media (if possible) and when you call in ask for a manager or PIC - THEN post the experience on Rokslide so we can all keep track of their history in CS

OP
Jason Snyder
Well, Lowa asked me to send my boots in for inspection. I sent them just before Christmas and have not heard a word since. Today a brand new pair arrived on my doorstep. I'm pretty happy with that resolve.

For what it's worth, they never asked, nor did we discuss any boot treatments.

I'm happy for ya man, sincerely.