LRI?

Teaman1

WKR
Any one had anything complete from them
Lately? Been getting the run around since January 15th on my project they received in October? I can’t seem to get ahold of anyone that actually can give me a straight answer?

I had a rifle rebarrelled and cerakoted (couple posts above yours)
Dropped it off October 3rd and it was finished in early February.
I didn’t ask for a quote on time. I just got an email every few weeks for an update and a phone call/email when it was finished.
Haven’t shot it yet, but I have 0 complaints

Last edited:

CCooper

WKR
My uncle whom is responsible for getting me into shooting and reloading told me 20+ years ago "you will wait on a good smith". Hell, I've waited close to year for a rifle to be put together with parts I dropped off in the past. Par for the course, and it was worth the wait.

@LRI_Chad sure seems like a good egg and is on here regularly lately- his work and turn-around time seem excellent to me.

wnelson14

WKR
My uncle whom is responsible for getting me into shooting and reloading told me 20+ years ago "you will wait on a good smith". Hell, I've waited close to year for a rifle to be put together with parts I dropped off in the past. Par for the course, and it was worth the wait.

@LRI_Chad sure seems like a good egg and is on here regularly lately- his work and turn-around time seem excellent to me.
He reached out, we are all good, I had no problem with things taking time. I understand, this kind of work takes time and is irreplaceable.

NSI

WKR
I bought my 2500 series pickup in 2020. It cost me $60.00 to fill it up that summer. Now, it's over $130 and I've seen it as high as $160.00.

A 1/2" carbide endmill used to cost me around $35.00. Today that same tool is north of $60 bucks.

Rising tides float all the boats gents.

As for lags:

Growth is painful. Especially big moves. in 2022 I put more machines on the floor and purchased the entire property we've been in for the last 14 years. The expansion tripled our square footage, which was something desperately needed. I had to hustle on that to avoid taking a bath on the interest rate hikes.

It caused delays. Thankfully, we're past it and moving forward again.

All the best,

C.
I've placed my trust in Chad and his team. He currently has 7 Tikkas for me, part of a friends' group buy project to build the lightest possible Tikka 300WM.

After an independent gunsmith in Michigan royally screwed up the bedding, painting, and everything else on some wildcat blanks, Chad's stock manager Shayne Anderson saw fit to take the project on. I've been quoted 2x more money and 3x more time than what I expected, but as long as they deliver in July all 7 of us will be happy.

-J

Seeknelk

WKR
$400 in just fluting work on a barrel for a Savage? To each their own but that's a whole case of lipstick on a pig IMO. Seems crazy when $400 could just buy you a barrel in a contour that meets your weight objective.
Exactly! That's why I didn't do it and why I mentioned doing a Tikka instead.

morgaj1

WKR
LRI built a Tikka for me in 2021. Great work and I couldnt be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk