Lucky Duck Roughneck

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Best in the biz. The remote is real nice and big. Great for winter gloves! I've used it this last winter when it became available. Definitely get it from Rick Palliet at verminator.com he throws in more sounds then just buying it from a box store.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
Incahoots

Incahoots

FNG
Thank you for the feedback and lead. Haven't seen many reviews but they all have been very good. Especially the remote and sound quality. I'll definitely buy from him when ready then since everyone is the same price. He's out of stock atm

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
He is a great guy. I've known him for awhile now. I had a few fox pro calls and enjoyed them but when I switched to LD those sounds changed the game.

This was last season solo hunting has shot 7 that day and missed a few. It was a crazy day off coyotes responding to the vocals Rick created.
d5d2579401a31309315233dab630476e.jpg

OP
Incahoots

Incahoots

FNG
Wow that photo is one of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen. The colors, scenery and everything about it...

I'm just getting into predator hunting. Wanted to do something with more hunting opportunities then big game hunting. Have a AA 6.5 Gredal arriving next week. Went with 6.5 grendel because 223 seemed to leave a lot of runners in videos I've watched

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Exactly right. He wanted opinion and in my opinion it is the best. I've owned both and in my opinion the sound quality and the sounds Rick produces are top notch.

To many people run the lighting Jack sound into the ground and the need for sounds that can pull the educated coyotes in with vocalizations that's the lucky duck.

SoDaky

WKR
No argument with the sounds at all. Use some of them a lot. The quality of construction and reliability is the problem for me. The units simply don’t hold up to hard use like Foxpros.
Service is good,not fast. I was sent by Ricks wife to a guy in western Wisconsin with my latest problem which dealt with the remote and he did replace it. A good deal.
As to Rick himself,zero issues and a class act. I dislike almost ‘hunting Shows’ but actually do enjoy his. Coyote Craze or Last Call or whatever it is called.
Much better imo than Foxpros show.
Good hunting!

SoDaky

WKR
By the way ,i haven’t used ‘lightning jack’ or ‘pup distress 3’ in about 10 years. Still a ton of good Foxpro sounds though plus many ‘customs’ better than any base ones from either company.

OP
Incahoots

Incahoots

FNG
Appreciate the feedback both positive and negative. The only actual video review I've seen it seemed sturdier then the Revolt build wise. Probably not near as sturdy as the Foxpro's.

Kinda go back and forth on the Roughneck and Fusion or Shockwave. Foxpro's get a lot use around my area. I'd think a different sound has some advantage but sturdiness obviously has day in and out advantages. How much advantage is the better sound?

Be easier if the Foxpro sounded as good as the Lucky Duck or the LD was solid as the Foxpro. Just stating the obvious 😂

SoDaky

WKR
Again IMO,the 'sound' is similar.Neither better than the other but Foxpro has more volume and the best remote available.The actual prey or distress 'sounds' are different.Foxpro has many that are,IMO,overused but many that are rarely if ever used.Both have great sounds.No doubt LD has quality sounds that are very effective especially coyote vocals and a few others(Lucky Pecker).Some of the very best 'sounds' are created by others and can be found online or elsewhere-if they can be loaded on your unit.Many are going back to hand calls,full or part time,so....the pendulum keeps swinging.Some of the absolute very best commercial sounds are from Wildlife Technologies but,IMO,their remote sucks or I'd still be using Bills calls.Shot a lot of coyotes using WTs.
If you have ADC guys locally,ask them what they are using.

Cur dog

FNG
The roughneck is my best call out of my arsenal I bought the revolt first but it didn't last a year of control work.sent back. received new computer cards twice but could not trust the Chinese junk im a slow learner and bought a more expensive piece of Chinese junk .right off the bat the wimpy plug in broke for charging it and thought hear I go again but its worked awesome since then. I also have primos and foxp

Hessticles

Lil-Rokslider
Just bought one, love everything about it except for getting the battery tray back in.

Attachments

• 20201202_201609-01.jpeg
    20201202_201609-01.jpeg
    598 KB · Views: 23

Smid

WKR
It’s all a preference, and some brand loyalty. Foxpro/LD/Icotech all make good calls.

Foxpro tx1000 remote is much better than the roughneck remote. The sounds on the roughneck are better than foxpro, and the volume on the roughneck is much louder and clearer at full volume than the shockwave I had. Foxpro has some decent features like foxbang that are neat. If my hunting partner didn’t have an Icotech night-stalker already that’s what I would buy. Remote is better than the roughneck, sound quality and volume is better than the shockwave and Icotech updates their library for free a couple times a year.

3817E8B5-B99F-4007-9FE8-43F4F1B31AAE.png

I just called this fella in tonight with my roughneck

TheGDog

WKR
ICOTec? After my experience with their entry-level GC300, I'd never buy anything from that company again. Their lil flip-up antenna, the base and swivel part just up and broke one day when I reached for the unit and my hand bumped the antenna, apparently at a wrong angle. And I am not talking about a lot of force either. And the sounds on it, the fidelity was really low. Managed to call a Bobcat in real close once. But that was it. Had (presumably educated) yotes bark at it from the other side of a ravine once, and that's about it.

Now I know this is me talking about an entry-level product... but... smart companies usually work to make their entry-level stuff good enough that it makes you want to consider the option of exploring the higher-up stuff in their product line. That one was definitely a swing and a miss.

Currently getting-by with a Johnny Stewart GS2. The clarity is definitely better. But I think the unit can likely playback in higher quality, I think it's more of an issue of the sounds provided aren't always of the greatest recording quality. On that one you can copy in your own mp3's into it. Some bitrates/encodings do not sound good on it. You might have to mess around like in Sound Forge and redo your own personal mp3's and try change the encoding bitrate or take something that's stereo and force it to mono sometimes. I just know that some of my own mp3's I created it seemed like it had sound artifacts in the playback on them from of the encoding, so I remember having to experiment a little in Sound Forge until I found the settings it liked the best. And if your original source material recording was not recording using today's high bitrate recordings the sound quality is very noticeable in the output. You definitely would want bitrates higher than 128Kbps for good fidelity on the highs. 192 Kbps seems about the realistic minimum bitrate encoding on the end-result mp3's you make.

You're definitely going to want to make sure that when you're recording something initially for the purposes of transferring it over into an MP3, that you have the sampling rate for recording set to at least 44KHz and 16-Bit. If your computer hardware/soundcard and software suite can handle manipulating sound files recorded in the even higher sampling rate of 48KHz and 32-Bit encoding, hey, even better.

Does the Lucky Duck have the feature where you can create a playlist, like where you denote which track and for how long to play, and pauses and for how long to do them? I forget what FoxPro calls that feature, but I know they do have that on the models with the TX1000 remote.

Also, does the Lucky Duck offer a Rechargeable Lithium battery pack replacement option module so you can stop burning money on alkaline batteries?

Smid

WKR
ICOTec? After my experience with their entry-level GC300, I'd never buy anything from that company again. Their lil flip-up antenna, the base and swivel part just up and broke one day when I reached for the unit and my hand bumped the antenna, apparently at a wrong angle. And I am not talking about a lot of force either. And the sounds on it, the fidelity was really low. Managed to call a Bobcat in real close once. But that was it. Had (presumably educated) yotes bark at it from the other side of a ravine once, and that's about it.

Now I know this is me talking about an entry-level product... but... smart companies usually work to make their entry-level stuff good enough that it makes you want to consider the option of exploring the higher-up stuff in their product line. That one was definitely a swing and a miss.

Does the Lucky Duck have the feature where you can create a playlist, like where you denote which track and for how long to play, and pauses and for how long to do them? I forget what FoxPro calls that feature, but I know they do have that on the models with the TX1000 remote.

Also, does the Lucky Duck offer a Rechargeable Lithium battery pack replacement option module so you can stop burning money on alkaline batteries?

I can see what you mean, but the nightstalker is their flagship call. If you put the two side by it would like comparing a Cadillac to a geo metro. It’s 4x the price, but so is the roughneck and most foxpros that use the TX1000 remote.

If lucky duck does have that feature, I haven’t found it. It has some buttons for presets on the side of the remote.

They do offer rechargeable, I have one in mine

yotehunt

FNG
I also have moved onto the lucky duck. Miss the TX100 remotes, but the roughneck has all I need. I like Tony Tebbe and Ricks sounds the best.