Madder'n hell. (Ticam II opinion needed)

robtattoo

WKR
I just went to put my Lowa Tibets on to go hunt this morning. First time I've needed them since I got home from Wyoming in November & a mouse or rat has chewed a hole in the freaking left heel! 🤬🤬🤬

It's deep enough & large enough that it no longer provide any stability or support & wouldn't you know it; that's the ankle that's already wrecked with arthritis & bone spurs. I roll it & I'm off my feet for days. 😡

These are by far & away the single most expensive clothing item I've ever bought (hell, they cost more than half the vehicles I've owned) & I cannot justify replacing them like for like. I know I can get them resoled & that's going to be the plan in the New Year, but I'm looking for a lower cost replacement.

I've found the Ticam II gtx that look to have a similar footbed shape & they seem like they'll have similar stiffness & support.

Does anyone have first hand experience with them, especially compared to the Tibets?

20231223_090557.jpg

matthewmt

WKR
I have a pair of tibet gtx in sz 11 I've wanted to sell if they're of interest or right sz.

No experience with the other model but I've seen the lowa hunter on sale through various discount sites.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
I have a pair of tibet gtx in sz 11 I've wanted to sell if they're of interest or right sz.

No experience with the other model but I've seen the lowa hunter on sale through various discount sites.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Wrong size I'm afraid, but I appreciate the offer, thanks!

KenLee

WKR
I've broken up both of my feet multiple times. Wear Ecco brand slip on shoes and boots 95% of the last 15 years because they make my feet feel better than anything else I've tried.
Problem with them is that the rubber will blow out like in your picture and fly apart almost spontaneously after a few years. Whatever makes them soooo comfortable also causes them to give out and blow up.

Bluumoon

WKR
I have leather lined Tibets and the Ticam IIs. I really like the Ticams, similar fit and I feel more agile in them. I tried on literally 20 boots and the Ticams (the cheapest by far on sale) were the clear winner for me. I decided to keep the Tibets for heavy pack outs as they are a half size larger than my normal and keep my toes off the end.

Bluumoon

WKR
Not unique to Lowa. I had a pair of Asolos that didn’t get worn much and lost the soles, granted they were like 15 years old when it happened.

Thejet

WKR
I have/use both. They are totally different boots. The Ti have a more narrow snugger fit and are a lot lighter on the foot. If you are going for a temp pair of boots just to get you by til the Tibets are resoled there are a lot cheaper options. That being said, the Ti has the potential to replace the Tibets as your new favorite boots depending on your style of hunting and foot shape.

TX_Diver

WKR
I have both (Tibets in 11W and Ticam in 11.5W). The tibets are a bit heavier/clunkier but seem sturdier. They have always fit a bit small so I don't wear them as much. I haven't hunted in the ticams yet but plan to in a few weeks. They are definitely more agile. I think if the tibets fit well I'd order the same size in the ticams.

My ticams are these, not the latest ones which I think are supposed to be a bit stiffer.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
I have both (Tibets in 11W and Ticam in 11.5W). The tibets are a bit heavier/clunkier but seem sturdier. They have always fit a bit small so I don't wear them as much. I haven't hunted in the ticams yet but plan to in a few weeks. They are definitely more agile. I think if the tibets fit well I'd order the same size in the ticams.

My ticams are these, not the latest ones which I think are supposed to be a bit stiffer.

Screenshot_20231223_192436_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Exactly the same ones I'm looking at. They're on sale on Amazon right now.
Having read a bunch more reviews & comparisons today, I think I'm going to dive in and order a pair. It seems like the fit is the same, having the ridiculous hooves that I have, & having tried several other makers before settling on Lowa, I'm pretty sure that these are a really good, economical-ish replacement.

I'll still be getting my Tibets resoled, so if nothing else, I'll have some heavies & mediums to go along with my lighter, summer footwear.

Screenshot_20231223_193116_Amazon Shopping.jpg

LaHunter

WKR
I have had the Tibet GTX boot for about 10+ years now (multiple pairs) and they have always worked great for me. About 5-6 years ago I got a pair of Ticam II boots, and I think I like them a bit better than the Tibets, as long as I am not in deeper snow. The Ticam II are not as blocky, and may be a tiny bit less stiff, but for me the fit is pretty much exactly the same. My heel locks into place great in both models. With the Ticam II boots, I feel like I am a litle more 'sure footed' and a bit more agile vs the Tibets. The toe box is a little narrower with the Ticams, but I never feel like my toes are getting squeezed.

Good Luck

TX_Diver

WKR
View attachment 646389

Exactly the same ones I'm looking at. They're on sale on Amazon right now.
Having read a bunch more reviews & comparisons today, I think I'm going to dive in and order a pair. It seems like the fit is the same, having the ridiculous hooves that I have, & having tried several other makers before settling on Lowa, I'm pretty sure that these are a really good, economical-ish replacement.

I'll still be getting my Tibets resoled, so if nothing else, I'll have some heavies & mediums to go along with my lighter, summer footwear.

View attachment 646391

Hope you like them! I've seen them cheaper at other spots, and some stores will also price match too if you have a favorite seller.

He got the Ticam Evos… I think they’re slightly beefier than the Ticam II since they’re meant for semi auto crampons. Either way, they’re a solid boot

LostArra

WKR
I just went to put my Lowa Tibets on to go hunt this morning. First time I've needed them since I got home from Wyoming in November & a mouse or rat has chewed a hole in the freaking left heel! 🤬🤬🤬

It's deep enough & large enough that it no longer provide any stability or support & wouldn't you know it; that's the ankle that's already wrecked with arthritis & bone spurs. I roll it & I'm off my feet for days. 😡

These are by far & away the single most expensive clothing item I've ever bought (hell, they cost more than half the vehicles I've owned) & I cannot justify replacing them like for like. I know I can get them resoled & that's going to be the plan in the New Year, but I'm looking for a lower cost replacement.

I've found the Ticam II gtx that look to have a similar footbed shape & they seem like they'll have similar stiffness & support.

Does anyone have first hand experience with them, especially compared to the Tibets?

View attachment 646070
What size do you wear?