Made me some tipi creepers

WoodBow

WKR
Where are you guys getting your leather for these projects ?
You can buy leather very cheap at hobby lobby in what they call a farmers bundle. It is just a bunch of random scraps of leather. Some pretty big. The packaging is clear, so you can get some idea of what all is in there. Look online and they almost ways have a coupon available for around 50% off. I want to say they are around $20 at full price. It's a significant amount of leather.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
To add fuel to the fire, here is the only pic I have of a pair I made about 13 years ago from a Tandy pattern. I called them my peter pan shoes. Years later I cut them down to about the same height as normal boots. I traveled for work at the time and spent a tremendous amount of time sewing them by hand in a hotel room. I have done a lot of sewing since then and own a machine that would have really expedited things.
0173ea08807d5134fc08523fbcda17ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
M
^ I got so mad at the instructions on that pattern I said to hell with it. I took my pieces and the Tandy pattern instructions to the leather shop and the owner walked by and said “yeah, the plainsman pattern, everybody has hell with those.”
Way to stick with it!
Now ill have to go see what hobby lobby has.

bascheman

FNG
Where are you guys getting your leather for these projects ?
For inside lining, house slippers, and practice I’ll use leather that I collect on big spring trash days by cutting the leather off couches and chairs people throw away. Most of them are beat up in a few spots but the back sheet is nearly always in perfect condition.