Magnus broadheads

I was wondering how everyone sharpens their magnus broadheads? I have a few of the stingers that I have to sharpen so may as well learn how to. Thanks

OP
J
Which lansky may I ask? I'm a newbie at sharpening. Would love to learn. I was looking at the lansky deluxe with the guide rails and stones or the stay sharp.

whaletail

FNG
I use a KME broadhead sharpener for my stinger buzzcuts. I suck at sharpening and this makes it super easy. I leather strop them as final touches to make them wicked sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felix40

WKR
I use about a 10” ceramic rod on mine. Just hold the rod in one hand and swipe the blade down it alternating sides. Think of a chef sharpening a knife on a rod. Then a leather strop.

Scrappy

WKR
I use about a 10” ceramic rod on mine. Just hold the rod in one hand and swipe the blade down it alternating sides. Think of a chef sharpening a knife on a rod. Then a leather strop.
This is exactly what I do, it only takes a few strokes to touch them up.

OP
J
I'm looking for a way for dummies like me to learn. I believe a ceramic rod is over my head level this minute. Lol I've been messing with stones and no luck as of yet. Not very good at keeping a steady angle at all.

Lansky works. I use the 5 stone deluxe kit but tbh a 3 stone standard kit would work and if you had a leather strop it would be great.

Yes, frightening, dont touch carelessly sharp. I use mine on black hornets, ser razors, stingers and buzzcuts as thats what i shoot. But, I also use it on my knives (kitchen, pocket, skinners etc.) I would think any blade you can put in the clamp is fine.

MThuntr

WKR
I tried the StaySharp jig setup because for some reason I cannot use the Lansky setup and don't have the steadiness needed for sharpening without a jig. The StaySharp got them shaving sharp in a few quick steps.