Maine Moose

Wow.30 yrs.Thats a stretch.I drew after 13 but also know someone who drew the first time out.The state did not help any when they started allowing multiple points to be purchased.That became a real money grab for the state.Keep trying,this might be the year.

I've been getting in the past couple years. Headed west this year so I just put in for the point. I figure in a few years I'll stack the deck with a bunch of bonus points and try to cash in.

Brad, I did it in 2019 and I’m doing it again this year. Both times everything is included in the price for you and your co-permittee. If you compare with other moose hunts it’s worth it to me. Just not having to leave the country and be a few hours from home is worth $$$.

PaBen

FNG
I have 24 pts NR going into this years draw. I think that’s 13 or 14 years worth. One of these years I’m going to throw some money at it and buy the 10 chance blocks.

I'm going to put in for the first time this year and will be buying a block of 10. I am non-resident too, fingers crossed!

I bought a block of chances for the last 20yrs. Last year I hit and went hunting. I didn't have the best area but I was excited to go. We hunted HARD, walking from before sun up until dark, taking breaks along the way to call. It all came together one morning when we spotted two bulls in a clear cut just before shooting light. By the time we got into position the first bull moved off out of sight. The larger bull was farther back but close enough to catch a 402gr Hammer bullet.

The bull dropped and the fun had just begun. It was quite a chore to get the bull into a sled and down and out of the clear-cut without the aid of a quad. Apparently, quads are not legal for that purpose on public land. The bull weighed in at over 1,000lbs.

IMG_4958.JPG

I bought a block of chances for the last 20yrs. Last year I hit and went hunting. I didn't have the best area but I was excited to go. We hunted HARD, walking from before sun up until dark, taking breaks along the way to call. It all came together one morning when we spotted two bulls in a clear cut just before shooting light. By the time we got into position the first bull moved off out of sight. The larger bull was farther back but close enough to catch a 402gr Hammer bullet.

The bull dropped and the fun had just begun. It was quite a chore to get the bull into a sled and down and out of the clear-cut without the aid of a quad. Apparently, quads are not legal for that purpose on public land. The bull weighed in at over 1,000lbs.

View attachment 411104
Maine does allow you to break them down now instead of having to take them out whole, right?