Man things got pricey

I sold my last compound in 2017 full rigged up for $450 and committed to traditional. This spring I bought a heavier than normal for me recurve and have been shooting it like a mad man and loving it until a few weeks ago when I realized that the discomfort in my shoulder was from the heavier bow. Dropped down a tad in weight to my reliable Black Widow as well as picked up a cheap ILF bow from Amazon, but I also have a bad habit of practicing less once the days begin to get dark before I get home from work. So today I decided I'd do some horse trading and came home with a nice used 60 pound Mathews Halon X. Waiting for the correct draw mods to arrive, and it needs a sight and stabilizer because I got rid of my leftovers at some point that I don't recall. Anyway, the same IQ sight I bought back in 2015 or 2016 for $75 new is over $100 dollars, releases have gotten insane as has nearly everything else. I used to change stuff up all the time but I just don't see that happening anymore with what stuff sells for these days.

Geewhiz

WKR
Not really sure why you switched back?
I’ve gone from compound to trad and back to compound. Yes I’ve killed elk with trad gear. Yes it’s very fulfilling and it can be a lot of fun. Yes it will chew you up and spit you out all the while repeatedly kicking you in the nuts. Trad hunting especially elk is not for the faint of heart or for somebody to do on a whim.

Buy used. Let someone else take the depreciation hit. When you sell if you buy quality you can usually breakeven

rclouse79

WKR
Prices are pretty crazy. I will upgrade an accessory here or there, but stick with my bow longer than the average Joe. I can’t imagine being one of the guys that has to have the newest bow every year while staying married.

Beendare

WKR
Fwiw, shoulder problems can happen with compounds and trad bows And it could be you are either drawing incorrectly ( impinging the shoulder joint) or your follow through is too high damaging the joint.

Anyone with pain in their shoulder should talk to a coach that understands proper mechanics. Plusthere are rotator cuff exercises that are important to keep up with if you shoot a bow.