Master Cigar thread

I like Bolivar, Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, Davidoff and many others. I probably smoke under a dozen a year. I buy them when I travel abroad.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
While my brother was home on leave I had an Ashton Cabinet Selection and a Java Latte by Drew Estate. Was really surprised by the Java.(y)

summs

Lil-Rokslider
I used to like cigars more, but I really think I just liked the idea of them. Sitting with no plans for 3 hours. Always a fan of Oliva V, Liga Privada's and perdomo 10th anv. champagne always hit the spot.

But every now and then, I light one up, but I only buy small sticks, 20-30 min burn time.

I will recommend everyone try a java mint, yes a flavored stick is sacrilegious to some, but it's by far my favorite and everyone around always compliments how good it smells.

I'm not a frequent smoker. Although I truly enjoy them, I probably smoke less than 10 a year. Mostly for special occasions or as a celebration of a successful hunt etc. With limited experience, I'd have to say my favorite is a La Flor Dominicana 1994 Rumba. I also like the Makers Mark in the glass tubes.

Last edited:
Padron 1964s are some of my favorite but I rarely smoke them. Usually on a hunting or fishing trip once a year

280ack

FNG
Favorite ...changes often. I have a few Hamblet Solomons in the box along with some Fuente's Short Stories and Bolivar Belicoso. Assylum 13 Connecticut wrapped for the fishing trips...to beat the dreaded black flies.

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
Used to smoke a lot more but recently have only been able to smoke one every couple months. With the nicer weather coming I’m sure it’ll pick up to a couple a month. I’m a huge fan of pretty much anything Tatuaje.

UncleBone

WKR
Can I revive this thread? Just getting into cigars, but I have enjoyed a few recently. I tried a padron damaso, and a perdomo habano the last few days. Was more of a fan of the damaso. I am going to try a punch golden era this evening. Next, I think I will buy an Ashton maduro. Any suggestions for a newbie?

PvilleMac

FNG
Can I revive this thread? Just getting into cigars, but I have enjoyed a few recently. I tried a padron damaso, and a perdomo habano the last few days. Was more of a fan of the damaso. I am going to try a punch golden era this evening. Next, I think I will buy an Ashton maduro. Any suggestions for a newbie?

I can give you some specifics and some brands to try out.

If you want some more milder smokes, like the damaso, look at perdomo champagne, dunbarton tobacco and trust(DT&T) sombremesa brulee blue, and joyo de nicaragua numero uno. Not quite as mild, but one of the best conneticut shade cigars out there is foundation’s highclere castle edwuardian.

Tatuaje is a must try. Outstanding blends that punch above their price(depending on the size you choose). Look at their brown label, black label, red label, negociant, and reserva line. There are also some great tatuaje samplers out there that make it real easy to dive into their brand.

Warped has some of the best aganorsa corojo blends out there. These also punch way above their price. Look at their guardian of the farm(GOTF) blends, devils hands, and don reynaldo. Warped’s la colmena is one of the best cigars out there period, it’s also on the milder side. And while we’re on aganorsa tobacco, check out foundation’s wise man maduro.

If youre a big baller its tough to beat padron. But if you want to branch out, check out casdagli, paul garminian, and byron.

If youre looking for some more budget smokes, look at charter oak.

svivian

WKR
Tried the Fat bottom bettys that was suggested earlier and is now my new favorite

GSPHUNTER

WKR
My son-in-law gave me some for fathers day. God awful, bitter, hard draw, and it left a taste in my mouth for two days. In my not so extensive cigar experience, a bad taste the next day is the sign of a bad smoke. If I hadn't shit canned them I would let you all know what they were.

Trr15

WKR
I’ve got lots of favorites, but Oliva Serie V Melanio is probably at the top of the list. Rarely smoke anymore, but might need to fire one up this evening.

Box of dusty stale swisher sweets to keep the mosquitos down while night fishing from the local bait shop . Nothing like that cat turd flavor the next morning that wont go away after brushing your teeth until you used up a tube of high dollar toothpaste . Lol

UncleBone

WKR
I just smoked an ashton heritage puro sol, and it was absolutely awesome! I wasn't sure if I was going to be much of a cigar smoker, but I find it pleasurable. I have a kentucky fire cured sweet, and man it smells crazy. Have any of you guys tried them? They come from Drew Estate, the same as the fat bottom betty. I may have to see if I can find one of those this weekend.

Trr15

WKR
I just smoked an ashton heritage puro sol, and it was absolutely awesome! I wasn't sure if I was going to be much of a cigar smoker, but I find it pleasurable. I have a kentucky fire cured sweet, and man it smells crazy. Have any of you guys tried them? They come from Drew Estate, the same as the fat bottom betty. I may have to see if I can find one of those this weekend.
I’ve had a few of the Kentucky fire cured and I really enjoy them. The smell reminds me of smoke from the coal furnace in the old house I grew up in. Crazy as that sounds, they taste good. I like them in the fall/winter.

You really can’t go wrong with anything from drew estate. I’m a big fan of their cafe con leche brand when I’m in the mood for a flavored cigar. Good coffee flavor, but not nearly as strong as the flavor in their acid line

UncleBone

WKR
I can give you some specifics and some brands to try out.

If you want some more milder smokes, like the damaso, look at perdomo champagne, dunbarton tobacco and trust(DT&T) sombremesa brulee blue, and joyo de nicaragua numero uno. Not quite as mild, but one of the best conneticut shade cigars out there is foundation’s highclere castle edwuardian.

Tatuaje is a must try. Outstanding blends that punch above their price(depending on the size you choose). Look at their brown label, black label, red label, negociant, and reserva line. There are also some great tatuaje samplers out there that make it real easy to dive into their brand.

Warped has some of the best aganorsa corojo blends out there. These also punch way above their price. Look at their guardian of the farm(GOTF) blends, devils hands, and don reynaldo. Warped’s la colmena is one of the best cigars out there period, it’s also on the milder side. And while we’re on aganorsa tobacco, check out foundation’s wise man maduro.

If youre a big baller its tough to beat padron. But if you want to branch out, check out casdagli, paul garminian, and byron.

If youre looking for some more budget smokes, look at charter oak.
Awesome man thank you for the help. There is a lot to figure out, and my local shop has way too many choices. I think so far I am thr biggest fan of the ashton heritsge. I was going to try the golden era tonight, but that puro sol was calling my name. Being new to it, I thought I would lile the conneticut wrappers, but that sun grown stuff seems to toot my horn. I am going to have to figure out all the lingo, and the varietals. I imagine in a few months I will know everything I can about them. I tend to nerd out when I am interested in something. Before I quit drinking, I could blind taste bourbon, and most wine and tell you the mash bill/ grape variety, the proof, the age and on bourbon, the distillery. Looking forward to smoking a noce stogie around a campfire this september after a hard days hunt.