Mathews V3X and Hog Father dovetail windage issue

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I have a V3X 33 and can't get enough right windage out of my Hogg Father double pin sight when using the bridge lock system. The scope housing has a rod, not the newer windage bracket. I have this working with the 31mm Ultraview scope, which is fine for TAC etc.. but for hunting I'd like to go back to my Spot hogg scope housing.

Interestingly the Fast Eddie XL seems to work, though I don't really understand why since the sites are nearly identical. There is just enough difference to make it so I can't use it.

Has anyone else out there solved this, while still using the bridge lock system and the Hogg Father with the old double spin scope housing and scope rod?

I'm thinking I'll just have to abandon it and try to find another sight I like. All the ones I keep looking to get are 6+ months back ordered

Marble

WKR
I think in order for you to get some feedback, you might post a few pictures for guys to see. Without seeing it, it's pretty hard to give some feed back.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I think in order for you to get some feedback, you might post a few pictures for guys to see. Without seeing it, it's pretty hard to give some feed back.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Will do.. i know this was a common thing when the V3X came out and a lot of sites couldn't handle the new windage issue

Does the double pin have the MRT ring?

Where is your centershot?

You can also move centershot out from the 13/16" a fuzz, just will need to shim to accommodate.

I'm able to use a SH single pin scope on a rod, and a triple stack housing on a Hogg Father with the Bridgelock. The triple stack has the smallest MRT ring.

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider

You can also move centershot out from the 13/16" a fuzz, just will need to shim to accommodate.

I'm able to use a SH single pin scope on a rod, and a triple stack housing on a Hogg Father with the Bridgelock. The triple stack has the smallest MRT ring.

I’ll have to measure my current center shot. Recently built some lighter arrows and it’s moved from my normal hunting rig.

I was using the smallest MRT ring

If you’re able to do it then I’d think I’d be able to as well. Gives me hope at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
@laltaffer Spot Hogg has an updated 3rd axis adapter to solve this problem.

Pretty sure this doesn’t work with my scope. The new double pin scopes don’t use a rod and they can use this adapter.

OR Archer

WKR
I can’t remember how long the scope rod is that comes with the dbl pin housing but you could always change it out for a little longer one to give you some more left/right adjustment.

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t remember how long the scope rod is that comes with the dbl pin housing but you could always change it out for a little longer one to give you some more left/right adjustment.

The issue I’m having is that it doesn’t travel to the right enough. A longer tube won’t help because the scope is hitting the rest of the site.

kcm2

WKR
I recently bought a V3-X 29 and put my Fast Eddie XL twin pin on it. I can't use the MRT ring, which is a disappointment. I can use the smaller ring. So, if someone makes a slider sight that will work better, I'm likely to bruise the debit card a bit. Love the MRT with the Fast Eddie XL. but it won't fit for windage. Damn it.

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I recently bought a V3-X 29 and put my Fast Eddie XL twin pin on it. I can't use the MRT ring, which is a disappointment. I can use the smaller ring. So, if someone makes a slider sight that will work better, I'm likely to bruise the debit card a bit. Love the MRT with the Fast Eddie XL. but it won't fit for windage. Damn it.
Interestingly the Fast Eddie XL will work with the smallest ring, but the Hogg Father won't.. at least for me and my hunting setup.

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider

@Billy Goat I might just have to drive over you to you one day if I can't get this figured out.. I'm in Richmond so shouldn't be too too far from you

OP
laltaffer

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Post some pictures if you can. Something doesn't smell right
At the moment I can't. I have my bow setup with a UV3 scope setup and target shooting on the hogg father base. The UV3 scope is the smaller 31mm diameter and its working for me as a target setup. Maybe after this weekend I'll try to get the full SH setup back together and get some pics up.

Post some pictures if you can. Something doesn't smell right

This is what he has going on.
20220526_191626.jpg

20220526_191602.jpg

With an older single pin SH scope I hardly have clearance to maintain a centered windage adjustment. I am able to use a triple stack housing as well, but it's extremely tight as well.

Just a factor of moving the sight mount inboard 5/8" or whatever it is exactly.

Large MRT rings are pretty much out of the question.

RedBeard22

Lil-Rokslider
This is what he has going on.
View attachment 414591

View attachment 414594

With an older single pin SH scope I hardly have clearance to maintain a centered windage adjustment. I am able to use a triple stack housing as well, but it's extremely tight as well.

Just a factor of moving the sight mount inboard 5/8" or whatever it is exactly.

Large MRT rings are pretty much out of the question.
Email S&S Archery about it. They helped me pick out the right one for my Fast Eddie XL that uses the rod like yours. I think it's an older model. I know you said above that it might not work, but I think it's worth reaching out to S&S about it if you haven't already.
It showed up today, but I'm on vacation and haven't been able to check if it worked.

For reference, I'm putting it on my V3X 29.