Matrix Target

Just took the plunge...will be here later this week. Saved my money and looking forward to having a target that holds up. Was hard to bite the bullet and spend that kind of coin but tired of blowing through targets after a couple of weeks. Will update this thread on how it holds up as I shoot a lot. Thanks to all of you who have provided feedback on this product as it was a bit hard to swallow the cost, but with the input from a lot of reliable sources on this site, I went ahead and did it.

HoytHntr4

WKR
I took the plunge last night as well. I was also sick of blowing through Block targets after a short time and also the mess they make all over the ground. Did you order the M1 or M2? I went with the M2 because it has 9 modules that I can shoot out instead of the 7 on the M1. The larger size of the M1 was defiantly tempting though. It will be a lot easier to throw in the truck and also take on hunts.

OP
I took the plunge last night as well. I was also sick of blowing through Block targets after a short time and also the mess they make all over the ground. Did you order the M1 or M2? I went with the M2 because it has 9 modules that I can shoot out instead of the 7 on the M1. The larger size of the M1 was defiantly tempting though. It will be a lot easier to throw in the truck and also take on hunts.

I went with the M1 simply because it is bigger. I like that the M2 has more squares but I need the size. I want to confidently be able to shoot at 100....I wish I could say shooting the M2 at a hundred is no issue but that isnt always the case 🤪

Last edited:
Just got mine Friday, and now I want more after I save up of course hah. I can already tell it's going to be worth every penny. I thought it was cool the owner emailed me after the purchase with some tips with use of the target. Arrived 4 business days after I ordered, couldn't be happier!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MT257

WKR
The fact that you can shoot both sides and rotate out the center makes this target seem like more than a purchase, its an investment. Worst a guy will have to do is buy a new module and replace it then keep shooting.

TravisIN

WKR
I’ve had one for a month and am VERY impressed so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
Mine definitely stops arrows. Maybe a little too well, I'm using the recommended field tips and absolutely need an arrow puller to get them out.

I've been using behind my paper tuner as I tune my new VXR. If you hit in between two modules the arrow comes out with residue and foam glued to the arrow. Anyone else experiencing this?

87TT

WKR
OK, so I really wanted to like this target but. I used to completely shoot up an 18-1 every year. In fact I had to work to make it last a whole year. By the end of the year, they are hanging together by threads or wrap with a ratchet strap. So I had great hopes for the Matrix. My lovely wife got me one for my birthday in Feb. I am now on module number three. Mostly field points but some broadheads to tune my bows. (2) I estimate way less than 100 broadheads in the two modules. Th second one was shooting through before I could turn it around.. I'm a month away from the season but I shoot year round. At this rate I will be through four $70.00 modules. That's more than the cost of two 18-1's that last a year each. And the Matrix won't last two years! I have two 3D targets that I shoot also as well as an 18-1 in the shop on my paper tuning set up. I won't be replacing the modules.
I realize that Robbie shot 500 arrows and not going to say he didn't but My arrows weigh 516 grains including a 50 gr insert and 125 gr Kudupoint broadhead (without the bleeder blades) I would bet I could shoot through a module in less than 250 shots.

Last edited:

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same experience as 87TT.
I do like that the target is big so that I'm not worried about losing arrows, but its heavy. And I'm blowing through modules pretty fast. I emailed matrix and they said it was designed to last about as long as the Rhinehart.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
OK, so I really wanted to like this target but. I used to completely shoot up an 18-1 every year.
My first 18-1 I set out to see what it would take to completely destroy one. I started shooting the same spot with BH's, and had an arrow completely pass through into my backstop at shot 50......so two sides down in 50 shots. And that was day one. BH's cut through foam easily.......and when you pull BH's from foam.....they pull long slivers of foam out with them, especially after a few shots. Doesn't take long to create a deep hole, and then anything shot into that hole pokes through the other side......and the other side is toast too. I don't shoot as many BH's as I used to anymore.

87TT

WKR
My first 18-1 I set out to see what it would take to completely destroy one. I started shooting the same spot with BH's, and had an arrow completely pass through into my backstop at shot 50......so two sides down in 50 shots. And that was day one. BH's cut through foam easily.......and when you pull BH's from foam.....they pull long slivers of foam out with them, especially after a few shots. Doesn't take long to create a deep hole, and then anything shot into that hole pokes through the other side......and the other side is toast too. I don't shoot as many BH's as I used to anymore.
I don't shoot a lot of broadheads either. Mostly just to get them to hit with my FP's and after that only once in a while leading up to hunting season and during to check. I shot 6-8 into the Matrix when I first got ti but mostly just the las few weeks for tuning.

Trial153

WKR
I don’t know that I would by another one at this point. I feel like my blob and Rhinoblocs are better targets for the money