MAVEN OPTICS

WYCFM1

WKR
K guys I’m doing side work to buy new binos. Who here has truly put some hours behind the maven B series? I don’t care what power or what objective size just in general I’ve been very tempted to demo a pair for a couple weeks. I just wanna hear it from some dedicated honest guys who have actually been in the woods with them. I’ve only used the C3s for about 10 hours and I’m fairly impressed. Who here has B series and can tell me a little about them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

blaze12kh

FNG
I have the b4 15x. I spend a lot of time glassing open country with them and I find the clarity and sharpness to be amazing. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the optical quality. The only slight disadvantage I give them is that they are on the heavy side and the ergonomics could be better. Since they're on a tripod 99 percent of the time, ergonomics aren't such a big deal.

maverick2

FNG
I've had a pair of B3 8x30s now for 3 1/2 yrs. Absolutely love them. After 3 hunting seasons under my belt with them (deer, elk, coyotes, and mtn goats in N Idaho) and countless hours in my work rig (their home is in a small pack that they get tossed into on the floor if they're not laying on a seat) I'd make the same purchase again in a heartbeat. Before I ordered them my primary worries were that they'd feel too small to be comfortable (I have big, beefy meathooks for hands) or that I'd regret the 30 mm glass since I spend most of my hunting time in dark timber. Neither fear was well founded -- these have enough heft to them to be very comfortable and stable for me to hold, and swapping back and forth one evening as it got dark between these binos and a Leica 3.5-14x42 scope, I could find deer on a brushy canyon wall 300 yds away well after I lost sight of them with my Leica at 6x, 8x, and 10x. Great binos -- one of the few things that I don't hesitate to recommend to others.

Elnicko

WKR
I’ve had the B2 9X45s for several years and have never had any complaints. Very good binos. Also have their rifle scopes and they are legit too. Hard to go wrong with Maven plus you can demo them and send em back if you don’t like em.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I hunted with the Maven B1 10x42 last season and was impressed with them. My other go to bino last year was a pair of Leica HD-Bs, the glass in the Maven B1 was closer than I expected it to be the the HD-B. For a third of the price of the Leica, the Maven B1 is a steal.

I've had a pair of B3 8x30s now for 3 1/2 yrs. Absolutely love them. After 3 hunting seasons under my belt with them (deer, elk, coyotes, and mtn goats in N Idaho) and countless hours in my work rig (their home is in a small pack that they get tossed into on the floor if they're not laying on a seat) I'd make the same purchase again in a heartbeat. Before I ordered them my primary worries were that they'd feel too small to be comfortable (I have big, beefy meathooks for hands) or that I'd regret the 30 mm glass since I spend most of my hunting time in dark timber. Neither fear was well founded -- these have enough heft to them to be very comfortable and stable for me to hold, and swapping back and forth one evening as it got dark between these binos and a Leica 3.5-14x42 scope, I could find deer on a brushy canyon wall 300 yds away well after I lost sight of them with my Leica at 6x, 8x, and 10x. Great binos -- one of the few things that I don't hesitate to recommend to others.

I love my b3 8x30s. I don’t have as much time behind them but they’re definitely sticking around for me.

PLO5

WKR
I just got a pair of b5 15x56. I believe they will hang with the best of them optically and build quality wise. Love them. Sold my spotter and gonna definitely run these!

I held off since I just started demoing a pair of B2s and you asked for experienced use. For what it’s worth after demoing for almost a week, the b2 9x45 are quite impressive, and hold their own against 8x42 slc’s.

They are a big bino and the depth of field is short so you are often focusing, but the focus knob is outrageously smooth and buttery to use. Low light is very good, clarity is phenomenal, CA is low but still a bit there when I look at rooftops on bright sunny days. (after my lasik I am very sensitive to CA)

Again, sorry that I’m not the experienced user you were asking but I’ve been quite impressed.

duckhunterrr

Lil-Rokslider
I also have the maven b2 9x45 and have been very pleased. The low light conditions is exceptional in my opinion. I really like their products

Steve C

Lil-Rokslider
I have had all of the Maven B series binoculars almost from the time they came out. My go to pairing is the B2 9x45 and the B3 8x30. I also have a B1 8x42 and a C1 8x42, They will not be embarrassed by comparison to anything.

I used a pair of B.1 10X42 for about a year and a half for work and they are very good glass. Would not hesitate to purchase a pair for personal use (hunting, wildlife viewing) if I needed a different set of binos.

ClearCreek

Dusty2020

FNG
K guys I’m doing side work to buy new binos. Who here has truly put some hours behind the maven B series? I don’t care what power or what objective size just in general I’ve been very tempted to demo a pair for a couple weeks. I just wanna hear it from some dedicated honest guys who have actually been in the woods with them. I’ve only used the C3s for about 10 hours and I’m fairly impressed. Who here has B series and can tell me a little about them?

I do.

freebird

WKR
I have the B2 9X45's. Those babies really shine at first light and last light. For the money you can't go wrong.

JGRaider

WKR
Maven has great glass for sure and appear to be built very well. IMO you will get hammered on resale if/when you decide to sell. Same goes for Tract....great stuff, terrible resale.

SanJuanCutthroat

Lil-Rokslider
Probably already pulled the trigger on these, but if you haven't yet, I say go for the demo in your favorite flavor. You won't regret any of the Maven B series. For anyone else looking for similar info:

I've got significant time behind the 11x B2's. Also own the 8x B3's and the two are the perfect combo. I had the 9x B2's before that set up, and had some time with the C1 8x. I have also looked through some B1's a little bit. All are very well built and the glass is amazing. Each line has their own niche, but I think Maven hit it out of the park with the B2's and the B3's.

Personally I use the 11x 90% of the time even when they're overkill. I use a tripod as much as I can, but they are not too much to use off hand. I swapped these for my original 9x because I wanted to see just a little further into the shadows, and I can say they meet that need perfectly. I live in and hunt big country, so the extra magnification was worth the hit to field of view, and depth of focus. I couldn't compare them side by side, but I assume the 9x would be better at twilight. That said, I've never been left wanting from the 11x. They are heavy, but being the same weight as the 9x, so for me it was one more for the pro column in the 11's. Once or twice I have wondered if the 9's would be better (mostly for field of view) but I wouldn't go back even if I didn't own the 8x B3.

If you want one bino to do it all the 9x is your huckleberry. Off hand, in the timber, on a tripod, you will have something that will perform great under any possible scenario.

The B3's kind of surprised me with how good they are. Clarity is outstanding. I did some side by sides with the 8x42 C1 at low light because I was curious how the better glass compared to the larger objective. They were negligible in timing for picking up detail first, but when the sun did get a little higher, the B3 was just in another class, unsurprisingly. For me their usability was the biggest sell. Dog walks, turkey hunting, fishing, or bowhunting elk, the B3's are amazing. They're so light light and compact, especially compared to the big B2, that you never leave them at home. They are nice off the tripod too but I don't use them that way often.

Lastly, I've had a few warranty claims into Maven (all my fault) and they have been incredibly helpful and easy to work with.

dapesche

WKR
Probably already pulled the trigger on these, but if you haven't yet, I say go for the demo in your favorite flavor. You won't regret any of the Maven B series. For anyone else looking for similar info:

I've got significant time behind the 11x B2's. Also own the 8x B3's and the two are the perfect combo. I had the 9x B2's before that set up, and had some time with the C1 8x. I have also looked through some B1's a little bit. All are very well built and the glass is amazing. Each line has their own niche, but I think Maven hit it out of the park with the B2's and the B3's.

Personally I use the 11x 90% of the time even when they're overkill. I use a tripod as much as I can, but they are not too much to use off hand. I swapped these for my original 9x because I wanted to see just a little further into the shadows, and I can say they meet that need perfectly. I live in and hunt big country, so the extra magnification was worth the hit to field of view, and depth of focus. I couldn't compare them side by side, but I assume the 9x would be better at twilight. That said, I've never been left wanting from the 11x. They are heavy, but being the same weight as the 9x, so for me it was one more for the pro column in the 11's. Once or twice I have wondered if the 9's would be better (mostly for field of view) but I wouldn't go back even if I didn't own the 8x B3.

If you want one bino to do it all the 9x is your huckleberry. Off hand, in the timber, on a tripod, you will have something that will perform great under any possible scenario.

The B3's kind of surprised me with how good they are. Clarity is outstanding. I did some side by sides with the 8x42 C1 at low light because I was curious how the better glass compared to the larger objective. They were negligible in timing for picking up detail first, but when the sun did get a little higher, the B3 was just in another class, unsurprisingly. For me their usability was the biggest sell. Dog walks, turkey hunting, fishing, or bowhunting elk, the B3's are amazing. They're so light light and compact, especially compared to the big B2, that you never leave them at home. They are nice off the tripod too but I don't use them that way often.

Lastly, I've had a few warranty claims into Maven (all my fault) and they have been incredibly helpful and easy to work with.
very helpful. thank you.

I have had the B1 10x42 for a year and have been overly impressed with them. I use them for mule deer hunting and lots of hours behind them with little eye fatigue which is great. The other day my buddy got a pair of b2 and we took them out and I was also vividly impressed. Maven had Great glass and great people to work with and talk about options.

I’ve ran the b2 11X45 as my primary since 2014 or 2015 I think. I finally broke them and warranty had me a new pair in under 10days. I caught a special on the c series and bought them for my kids. C series is excellent gas for the money, but the eye cups expose the price point.

You can’t go wrong with the B2 In my opinion.