Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44mm SHR-Mil Q&A

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
Drop test is discussed at the 44-47 minute mark.

As I expected, sounds like Maven haven't done anything special to get the scope to pass the test. Its just dumb luck that it passes whereas the same design from Tract doesn't.

I highly recommend skipping the first 44mins as they only spend a few minutes discussing the Maven themselves and most of it is mildly interesting at best....

SDHNTR

WKR
Drop test is discussed at the 44-47 minute mark.

As I expected, sounds like Maven haven't done anything special to get the scope to pass the test. Its just dumb luck that it passes whereas the same design from Tract doesn't.

I highly recommend skipping the first 44mins as they only spend a few minutes discussing the Maven themselves and most of it is mildly interesting at best....
Did the same design Tract actually get tested?

atmat

WKR
It wasn't that bad IMO as far as joking about folks who sent broken scopes in. If they replaced em i think they earned the right to poke some fun the other way. It woulda been cool to hear them embrace some of this stuff or sound more familiar with it though.
Yeah, I didn’t think it was particularly bad either. But it just leaves a bit not great taste in my mouth.

They consulted with Rokslide before making the scope and had a huge swath of business resulting from it. But they almost sound dismissive when they talk about it. They can’t get Form’s user name right, they lied by saying “only two scopes have passed the test,” and then sorta mocked about others repeating the test.

None of it was outright bad. But when you combine it with their statements that all their scopes are of the same quality, it just sounds deceitful and dismissive.

Like I said, I’m not ditching my scopes. Just leaves an icky taste is all.

freddyG

WKR
I very much agree. Another thing that most people don’t realize, is that the vast majority of companies don’t have many/any owners, or employees that are enthusiasts working there. This is why there is such a disconnect between forums like this, and product reality.

I listened to the majority of that podcast, and those Maven guys have no clue about scope reliability. They sound like they think their entire scope line is as durable as the RS1.2.

I very much agree. Another thing that most people don’t realize, is that the vast majority of companies don’t have many/any owners, or employees that are enthusiasts working there. This is why there is such a disconnect between forums like this, and product reality.

I listened to the majority of that podcast, and those Maven guys have no clue about scope reliability. They sound like they think their entire scope line is as durable as the RS1.2.

I did as well and don't think that conclusion can be drawn.

SDHNTR

WKR
I listened to the few min of that podcast where they discussed the drop test. I think those of you looking for something disparaging are digging up dirt that ain’t there. They weren’t knocking on the test, they were sarcasticly knocking on the litany of douchey wannabe influencers asshats who are trying to create a you tube following. Can’t blame em for that, douchey influencer types clamoring for likes should be tortured extensively. The only real knock I heard was butchering Form’s name. And they may have even done it intentionally, an inside burn or something? Either way, it made me laugh. Form, can you twerk like Fergie? Whatcha gonna do with all that junk?

And in all reality I don’t even know how tf to pronounce Form’s name properly. It’s an understandable mis spoke.

WKR
I listened to the few min of that podcast where they discussed the drop test. I think those of you looking for something disparaging are digging up dirt that ain’t there. They weren’t knocking on the test, they were sarcasticly knocking on the litany of douchey wannabe influencers asshats who are trying to create a you tube following. Can’t blame em for that, douchey influencer types clamoring for likes should be tortured extensively. The only real knock I heard was butchering Form’s name. And they may have even done it intentionally, an inside burn or something? Either way, it made me laugh. Form, can you twerk like Fergie? Whatcha gonna do with all that junk?

And in all reality I don’t even know how tf to pronounce Form’s name properly. It’s an understandable mis spoke.
To be fair, even Ryan called him formilly-dilly-lally-dillious on S2H.

TheCougar

WKR
Well the rs 1.2 seem to work, and the reticle is good. I’ve got three and will probably get a few more at some point. I don’t really care how Maven feels about the drop test I just want good scopes..
It doesn’t sound like there is much interest in why the RS1.2 is a better scope. It actually sounds like they deny that it is a better scope, since they insist that all the scopes are the same quality. That certainly doesn’t bode well for the long term.

I care for what I am dubbing the “Bushy” effect. They make a durable scope, at a solid price, that has demand - almost accidentally, by the sound of it. Then they abandon the scope (or make a change) because they either don’t understand or don’t care, or both. You end up with a discontinued product line and no suitable replacement or service. I’d rather get a NF with a sub par reticle knowing that they value what they have created and their commitment to the quality of their scopes. I can get three Mavens for the price of an ATACR, but I am still on the fence with getting a Maven.

Last edited:
It doesn’t sound like there is much interest in why the RS1.2 is a better scope. It actually sounds like they deny that it is a better scope, since they insist that all the scopes are the same quality. That certainly doesn’t bode well for the long term.

I care for what I am dubbing the “Bushy” effect. They make a durable scope, at a solid price, that has demand - almost accidentally, by the sound of it. Then they abandon the scope (or make a change) because they either don’t understand or don’t care, or both. You end up with a discontinued product line and no suitable replacement or service. I’d rather get a NF with a sub par reticle knowing that they value what they have created and their commitment to the quality of their scopes. I can get three Mavens for the price of an ATACR, but I am still on the fence with getting a Maven.
This is kind of where I’m at also, I really want a RS1.2 but at the same time I want something with a longer track record. I do think the Maven is a solid scope, the reticle is awesome from the few minutes I spent looking through it but in the end I I may just end up with an NXS 3-15. Even though the Maven reticle is much better.

SDHNTR

WKR
This is kind of where I’m at also, I really want a RS1.2 but at the same time I want something with a longer track record. I do think the Maven is a solid scope, the reticle is awesome from the few minutes I spent looking through it but in the end I I may just end up with an NXS 3-15. Even though the Maven reticle is much better.
If I could only own one scope for the rest of my days it would be a NXS 3-15. Jack of all trades.

That is pretty logical to me.

I sold off my fleet of bushnels to switch over to the maven..didn’t lose much if any money. I doubt one of these break but if it does hopefully they’re still making them cause it’s definitely my favorite scope. Can’t bring myself to use the NF reticles personally

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
This is kind of where I’m at also, I really want a RS1.2 but at the same time I want something with a longer track record.
I get what you’re saying 100%

For that it’s worth, I have two RS1.2s on two Tikkas that have seen an asinine amount of use in the last few months. Planning to post up some results of heavy field use (no drop testing other than regular use small drops, but more just “how are these scopes holding up” personal results).

Should have an update in Dioni’s RS1.2 thread over the weekend. Spoiler alert, I think you’ll be pleased with the update/results.

SDHNTR

WKR
But it’s not ffp nor offered in mils…
Yep, oh well. It still checks the most boxes, for me. Don’t get me wrong, on paper, the RS1.2 seems to check even more boxes, except for the one BIG one, being discussed now. They are still the new kid on the block and question marks remain.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved

If spending ATACR money and getting ATACR weight, S&Bs PMII scopes have better reticles.

Dobermann

WKR
Pretty benign podcast. I wouldn’t be hurt over it.
Not sure that anyone's "hurt" over it. But they got a lot of information wrong, were dismissive/perjorative of Rokslide members, and didn't seem to understand the drop eval. Not a good look for the very audience that encouraged them to make a good product and, by all accounts, has then bought lots of them.