Meat carrying day pack

I ve an old siwash that's a great pack. A buddy has packed out elk with one, but mine is a bit short for me so I don't love it with weight in it.
what good is it then ? I don't understand the guys stating "I love the pack but it doesn't carry weight well" ??

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
Mystery ranch crew cab works great. It’ll pack enough tor multiple days and compresses down to a manageable day hunting size. Unfortunately it’s really heavy.

wodje96

FNG
what good is it then ? I don't understand the guys stating "I love the pack but it doesn't carry weight well" ??
I said I don't like the way it carries, but my buddy can pack out an elk with it and likes it. Point is it doesn't work for me but it may work for you. I'm tall and lanky my buddy is short and stocky. the pack itself is a well build pack that can carry all you'd want to carry, It just doesn't fit me well with my build. Do you understand now? :)

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
The Eberlestock Mainframe with a $15 stuff sack is a really solid pack. In that configuration it weighs under 5 pounds. It can be hard to find a pack that will carry heavy loads reasonably and still weigh less than 5 pounds and cost less than $4-500.

A used Mainframe will cost you $150, carry anything the average guy can carry, and as mentioned, is not overly heavy.

I sold it because I bought into the load lifter hype, and am too tall to get the right fit with a Mainframe. I still question that decision.

CBar

FNG
Mystery Ranch Pintler is another good option. Great for day pack/meat hauling.
Pintler is rated to 2500 cubic inches, packs an elk quarter with ease and can double as a good 3-4 day overnight pack too. Lightweight but a little spendy.

Jimss

WKR
The weight and comfort of Kifaru frame packs and bags is pretty tough to beat! I hardly know mine's on while scouting and hunting with 20 to 30 lbs. It collapses as big as most daypacks and is capable of 100+ lb loads! It sure is nice being able to bone and pack out muledeer-sized game with 1 load or a complete elk hindquarter instead of having to return and pack out with a different pack.

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Exo, Stone Glacier, etc all will have a few options for what you are looking for. If you not willing to drop the coin on any of those Eberlestock has a few options I would look into. The two that come to mind would be the X2 and the Team Elk.

Good to know on the eberlestock, I have been doing some researching and that is on my list. I am pretty new to this forum and there is a ton of info on here.
I bought the Dragonfly last year and it's a great pack. I liked the rifle scabbard a lot more than I thought I would. It's not a light pack but it feels light when you put it on. Only down side is no load lifters so I probably wouldn't haul more than the first load back with it. I keep a load hauling frame pack in the truck if I need multiple trips.

Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, Exo, Stone Glacier, etc all will have a few options for what you are looking for. If you not willing to drop the coin on any of those Eberlestock has a few options I would look into. The two that come to mind would be the X2 and the Team Elk.
two large bull head/racks, two distinctly differently built guys, two "team elk" packs - unanimously think that pack is the WORST we ever had on our backs - I had a 2200 for awhile, hot on the back but a better cargo system that would probably be alright

jbid62

FNG
In the past 3 weeks, I've hunted for 6 days, all day hunts from a cabin. The first three were with the new 2019 Badlands 2200 the next three with the Mystery Ranch Sawtooth 45. Both packs weighed 25-30 pounds loaded.
Unfortunately I didn't get to pack meat with either, but I will tell you this, the Badlands is the most comfortable of the two by far. The MR looks to be the better-made pack and better for packing meat, but it had a multitude of pressure points, and left my shoulders and neck very sore. I adjusted the pack every day, and had my fellow hunters help me to make sure it was adjusted correctly. I'll give it another try, but it really didn't fit or feel very good, and generally felt "heavier" with the same amount of weight.

pin_head

FNG
I had the opportunity to haul out half a deer with my MR Popup 28 yesterday. I’ve loved it so far as a day pack and after hauling half a blacktail out of a typical blacktail hell hole I can’t recommend it enough.

My best friend runs the MR mule for the same purpose and loves it.

I’m a little on the short side and having a full length frame annoys me behind my head when climbing in steep country so the pop up is my perfect pack.

Brad