Meateater and Ted Nugent

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things I like about Rinella and his operation is that it's more educated and thought-provoking than just "whack em and stack em". They take more of a conservation approach to hunting. Nugent didn't really fit into that narrative. I don't think he's (Nugent) is wrong about everything, but his approach alienates a lot of people rather than educating and bringing together.

As popular or unpopular as Nugent is I think there would be more accusations. A 30yr old with a 17yr old is definitely creepy but her parents obviously didn’t care. I used to like Ted more when I was younger but a lot of the things he does these days are pretty bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I definitely agree, I think if it was rampant we would hear more accusations.

Also need to be aware that in a lot of situations, predators select who they prey on. Either select those that people won't believe, or those that won't speak on it.

I don't think the 'Nuge was some huge child molester, but he has a lot of qualities to him that I don't care for. That prevents me from thinking - Hey, I want this guy speaking for me. I think it's important to call out people who are speaking for and representing groups. This makes it a lot harder to find people to do it, so it's a double edged sword. But inevitably you end up lumped into the same group, so be careful who you select to represent.

Another assumption by Ted, and Hunter Nation (which btw isn't a WI organization & Ted is a MI resident) is that the same hunter looking to shoot Sand Hills is also looking to harvest themselves a high fence wildebeest.....which hunt do you suppose Ted is likely to participate in?

I guess one funny sentence is the one reporting that they were maskless, definitely need to know info Lol.
Haha I know right
Definitely seemed like a left leaning writer by the way they seemed to dramatize them as wanting hunters to be able to carry…

Agreed though on the fact there’s probably few WI hunters that we’re happy the Nuge was the one being the face for hunting. Granted what he was fighting for I can agree but how he gets the message across is the difficult part to swallow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back