Memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moserkr

WKR
Seriously!! As a techie... it astounds me that people would WILLINGLY allow a microphone... connected to a computer, running an OS not controlled by them.... that's connected to the Internet..... inside their home. "Gee, what could go wrong?"

We know that they listen in on ambient conversations people are having too! Friend has one, she was chatting about a peculiar topic with her Dad... next time of going back to browser to Google search something... the inline ads? Yeah... they were strangely oriented around that peculiar topic she and her Dad had been chatting about!
Got a better one. Was on a major social media app and just looked at a coffee table in front of me in the room. Never said a word but I specifically looked directly at it. Next few ads? Coffee tables... A close family member works for an eye tracking company who has ties to microsoft and intel... they can and do track what you look at.

Geewhiz

WKR
Got a better one. Was on a major social media app and just looked at a coffee table in front of me in the room. Never said a word but I specifically looked directly at it. Next few ads? Coffee tables... A close family member works for an eye tracking company who has ties to microsoft and intel... they can and do track what you look at.

Thats freekin nuts

rclouse79

WKR
I looked at most of these last Christmas and they are just as funny this year. I might have to add this thread to my list of holiday traditions.

I was on the phone bitching to a buddy about a track I just busted, next phone call was from a rubber track manufacturer.

Pretty wild coincidence?

TheGDog

WKR
Sorry... I elected to post these here since the other one I've noted is supposed to be CoronaVirus Memes only. So I figured it shouldn't be put in there. Please see fit to move them to whereever the Admins want them. No politico stuff.. got it.. duly noted.

TheGDog

WKR
The internet was created for meme's, share your best ones. Hunting related gets bonus points...

This one made me chortle
As a Techie.. it blows my freakin' mind that ANYONE would willingly bring one of those devices into their home!

They DO listen to your ambient conversations too. Friend share how they talked about something unusually specific when her Dad was over helping her work on flooring and then how when she then went into Google to search for something... how the inline ads strangely reflected that topic of conversation!

My wife sent this one to me...

59c01fd1deb5d9671022afffd3f37a00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.