Merriwool?

Has anyone used the Merriwool merino base layers? Their price is about half of what all the designer brands charge. Seems like a great value.

Got some this past Christmas. Was thinking the same thing you prpbably are and I asked for Merriwool specifically. One midweight long sleeve and one midweight pant; base layers, both are 100% merino. Just a little itchy until after the first wash and then they're as comfy as can be. Camped out in my yard in 30F to test a new bag and wore both of these layers, Both were great. Wore them hunting a few times late season archery in sub freezing weather with other approriate clothing. Was very happy there too and yes, it's about half the price of some other name brand stuff. Didn't see the need to pay more for camo baselayers when they're under your other clothing anyway.

OP
T
Exactly my thoughts. Thanks for the reply. I think I'll be buying these in both the lightweight and midweight.

I've had the pants and underwear for a couple of years now. I've used one pair of pants for a 7 day hunt in Idaho and a 5 day hunt in Montana without them ever smelling horrible.

Jr1282

FNG
Got some this past Christmas. Was thinking the same thing you prpbably are and I asked for Merriwool specifically. One midweight long sleeve and one midweight pant; base layers, both are 100% merino. Just a little itchy until after the first wash and then they're as comfy as can be. Camped out in my yard in 30F to test a new bag and wore both of these layers, Both were great. Wore them hunting a few times late season archery in sub freezing weather with other approriate clothing. Was very happy there too and yes, it's about half the price of some other name brand stuff. Didn't see the need to pay more for camo baselayers when they're under your other clothing anyway.
Thanks for sharing this. I was looking into these for my wife and this helped out alot.