Mesa Precision Altitude Tikka Stock Group Buy

OP
eamyrick

eamyrick

WKR
Should bottom metal be upgraded from the plastic being the higher specified torque specs with pillars? Also is it a bolt up and shoot or does it need bedded?

Thanks Roy

Tikka actions are typically very uniform. Shoot it first and see how it does. A good bedding job rarely hurts but why do it if it’s shooting great.

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Son of a B%#%, that’s a nice deal. I was on the wait list since February to get one of these from Mesa and just got it last week and paid more. Took 4 months longer than I was told and poor communication about delays, but really nice stock and great finish work for sure.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
I found my T3X donor, now to decide on the chambering.
Donor is a SS T3X Lite in 300 Win mag. (Might have a hard time not shooting it...)
Add Mesa stock, MT bottom metal, and the new mags from Mike at HCA.
I have the following Proof barrels, all Sendero Light contour:
7mm 8.4 twist 24”
6.5 8 twist 22”
6.5 8 twist 20”

So build a longer 7 SAUM or a shorter 6.5 PRC?

Tohopko

Lil-Rokslider
So...which contour would be closest to the factory CTR barrel? Might be time to convert my CTR to the sporter bottom metal.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
I’m working on 3 1/2 weeks since I reordered due to some sort of glitch in my original order. I’m starting to get impatient since they told me I would see it last week. Pretty disappointed in the process so I hope the product far outweighs it when I finally get it!🤦‍♂️

davsco

WKR
i think mine (tikka t3x lite 300wsm) was pushing 4 weeks, looks and feels nice, haven't shot it yet thoughtikka mesa brake L.jpgtikka mesa brake R.jpg

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Got my stock today. Looks & feels awesome. Only issue is when it’s all tightened up the magazine will not latch. Any ideas?

OP
eamyrick

eamyrick

WKR
pictures would help. How tight did you go on the action screws. One of my buddies went 65in lbs on a factory Tikka stock and nothing worked anymore.