Mid-Late Oct. Idaho Pant and Jacket???

freshta

WKR
Hunting between 5500-8500' Idaho from Oct 16-26. Typical Mulie hunt...walking a while...glassing a lot. Lots of stop and go...you know the deal. Three days in at a time. One day back at the truck for food resupply, etc or possibly jumping sites if no deer. What would be your go to outerwear jacket and pants? I'm an early season Elk hunter from back east and have 0 experience in Oct.

Thanks for the help!

TA

TheTone

WKR
I would take a look at sitka timberline's. I think they are the only pant I have worn the past two years in Oct and Nov

Rwbrew3

WKR
I hunt idaho every year... my line up - merino bottoms and kuiu zip off bottoms on top, remove when temps come up.. sitka mountain pants, gaiters, unisulsted boots with a liner sock and merino sock on top. Merino shirt, 1/4 zip,jetstream vest and Jetstream Jacket, jetstream beanie. I always have a puffy jacket and rain set with me... I will shed the jacket and zip off bottoms if I get warm and add back as needed.

Hope this helps
Rick

FLAK

WKR
Polypropylene underwear of some flavor and Cabelas Microtek pants, shirt, Wind breaker fleece jacket.

Yes, I'm kinda OG.