Might have screwed up my first Montana app

sprink

FNG
I just applied for a Montana general combo deer license for the first time. I checked the box to apply as a party because my two kids will be going (12 and 15) and got a party number to use when I did their application. I purchased the youth combo license for each of them but thought it was weird that I was never prompted to enter a party number but figured since I had to put my ALS info in to sponsor each of them that the system was automatically linking them to the party. Did I screw this up and put them in for the wrong deer tag?

johnsd16

WKR
Shouldn’t be a problem. Youth don’t go into a group app with you. The system will just look at you as a group that no one else joined which should effectively be an individual app.

OP
S

sprink

FNG
So does this mean that just one of us could draw and the other two don’t? I was trying to avoid this situation. On the other hand I’m totally fine if both my kids draw and not me but would I still be a valid sponsor if I don’t have a license? I’m sorry if these are stupid questions.

johnsd16

WKR
I’ve emailed with them this year regarding an adult app as a sponsor and a kid applying for a LE permit and the answer they gave kind of answered my question. PM me if you have more questions about the kids getting tags if you don’t get drawn.

OP
S

sprink

FNG
I’ve emailed with them this year regarding an adult app as a sponsor and a kid applying for a LE permit and the answer they gave kind of answered my question. PM me if you have more questions about the kids getting tags if you don’t get drawn.
Will do, thanks

Scoot

WKR
Call them. That's the only way you're going to get this dealt with in a way that you can (or should) be comfortable with IMO.