Mile High Outfitters Frank Church

snvts82

FNG
Curious to hear from anyone who's hunted with Mile High Outfitters out of Challis. Yes, I know about the Frank, but we've got a solid group of 4 looking to do these types of hunts while age is still on our side. We're looking at their rifle hunts in Nov, either the front range or fly in. They seem to keep an fairly diligent yearly summary of their hunts, are very up front about their style of hunt ,and what kind of shape and attitude hunters need to bring, all of which I appreciate. I have list of their referrals but have yet to call anyone. I appreciate any help.

Last edited:

Fullfan

WKR
Have never hunted w them. But did meet the owner last year while waiting 26 hours in line to get tags. Travis is his name I do believe, very personable guy. We chatted for hours, seems like he runs a straight forward operation. Sorry I do not have any first hand experience hunting w them. I hunt DYI, I can vouch for his character as a person, as much as I can from 26 hours. I told him where I hunted, he said if I needed anything to give him a call.

Curious to hear from anyone who's hunted with Mile High Outfitters out of Challis. Yes, I know about the Frank, but we've got a solid group of 4 looking to do these types of hunts while age is still on our side. We're looking at their rifle hunts in Nov, either the front range or fly in. They seem to keep an fairly diligent yearly summary of their hunts, are very up front about their style of hunt ,and what kind of shape and attitude hunters need to bring, all of which I appreciate. I have list of their referrals but have yet to call anyone. I appreciate any help.
Did a drop camp with mile high this year, they are good people an run a solid outfit, their hunting areas do get some pressure from diy guys.

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
I guided for them a couple of years, Travis is a great guy, it sounds like his boys have grown up and work in the business now too. Fun country to hunt, not always the best trophy potential, but a good outfitter to go with.