Military Acronyms, sayings

Billinsd

WKR
Being a civil engineer I've worked with the Navy and retired Navy engineers, especially SEABEES. One guy in particular always cracked me up. His last name was Crumbly and I called his sayings Crumblyisms. I asked him how he learned so many sayings and he was probably about 60 at the time. He said in the SEABEES they would often sit around all day in some really remote sites and come up with funny sayings. I've forgotten all his sayings from 25 years ago. That's why I pleaded with him to write a book.

Here's what a NAVY Commander told me when my coworker asked him for a contact in the Marines after our meeting. He said "Sure, contact Coloniel such and such. He went on to say the Marines and Navy are the same, then he said "No! No!, we are totally different. If you order the Navy to secure a shack on a remote island they will board the windows and locks the doors. If you order the Marines to secure a shack on and Island, they will blow up the shack and kill everyone inside!!". This still makes me giggle.

What do you all have?

robtattoo

WKR
From a former US marine (the one who stalked the dead pig, actually.....)
This guy:
Screenshot_2017-07-16-10-54-45.png

"Gear adrift is considered a gift" after the USMC's notorious habit of stealing everything that isn't nailed down (and nicking the nails out of everything that is)

He's also quoted as saying:
"There's only one thief in the military. Everyone else is just trying to get their shit back."

Drenalin

WKR
"Voluntold." Nobody volunteers for squat, so we alternately got voluntold. In particular to be part of some working party. But, there ain't no party like a working party.

Blue Falcon = buddy f****r. In fairness, the entire military works on the buddy system: if you're not here, f**k you buddy.

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
When I was in Navy, had a chief call a guy a SLUF, he asked the guy if he knew what that stood for, the guy, who was short, said no, chief tells him, short, little, ugly f@$k...I about died laughing.

Rokbar

WKR
I was in the infantry so I heard a lot of sayings,
"Wronger than two boys fu****g."
"Hurry up and wait"
"Get the ruck up"
And countless others if I could only remember!

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
Oh man, this could turn into a really long thread. I have two favorites to add to the list.
The first is from an old first sergeant whowas Always in a hurry. He’d say “hurry up boys, it’s time to go home. My wife’s getting pregnant knight and I’d like to be there when it happens”.
The other is a little longer version of our “hurry up and wait” and I got it from some Israeli fellas I was working with a few years ago. ”The commander says he wants to see the boys at 6 am, sergeant major says have the boys standing ready at 5 am, platoon commander says first call is at 4 am, squad leader says I’ll f@&k the mother of anyone who goes home tonight.

Pathfinder27

Lil-Rokslider
Oh and one more is sure to catch on here. I’m a red head and everyone here calls me a ginger as is usual. I was embedded with some some Aussie and Kiwi SAS guys for a few months not so long ago and everyone on the team had some cool call sign but I didn’t because I was the new guy. The team sergeant started calling me “Rang-a” and it stuck. “Rang-a” is the thick down under accented slang version of orangutan 🦧. So that stuck and followed me home.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I had a platoon sergeant that used to say "You waiting on me, you're too slow" For some reason that always stuck in my head, and I find myself saying it to my son all the time now LOL

Politically correct one from the sign in my basic graduation photo
"We hate you all equally"

When I was a brand new 19 year old fresh to unit and on my first week out in it. I was sitting in the back seat of the truck, and the FEMALE e6 driving the truck stops next to someone and rolls down the window (after yelling at them on the radio). Screams at the top of her lungs "Suck my ******* dick you ******* faggot!" Rolls up the window and drives on. I'm sitting in the back like "where am i and what is this?"

sacox31s

FNG
Insults:
Tore up from the floor up
Sloppy as a soup sandwich

Compliments:
High speed low drag
Squared away

Rokbar

WKR
"I don't know who you think you are, but you're not him!"
"You don't get paid to think"

Shotshill

FNG
“Thats funny but inappropriate.. “
Let me repeat. “ Thats funny but inappropriate”

Wapiti1

WKR
Marine proof. A item indestructible enough even a jarhead can't break it.

I am not a Marine, this came from friends of mine that are (retired, they don't like the word former).

Jeremy