Missing 411: Hunters

Bad things can happen to good people in dark, lonely places where nobody can hear you cry. All it takes is a bit of ill luck and the inability to signal for help. I'm writing a book about the Frank Church.

Calcoyote

FNG
When I try to go to the link listed in this thread to purchase this book I get the following message:

This item is currently not available

Can someone send me the correct link?

TxxAgg

WKR
This is free on youtube right now. I just tried watching it.

38 mins in and I turned it off. It's boring. When the Mossy Oak girl started talking, I hit my breaking point.

Trial153

WKR
The messick case spooks me a bit. I have ran hound in that area probably 50 times over the years. The time line doesn’t make sense considering the other hunters in close proximity. Couple it with other missing hunter just to south…spooks me a bit.

xcutter

WKR
The only part of this movie I really liked was when the group of hunters shared the audio from there secret hunting spot. Very creepy.

Just watched the hunted 411 with the wife. The Yosemite one gave me goose bumps.
Why the heck would you start copying the noises and why would you ever go back there again? I would go find other places to hunt.

Opah

WKR
I was hunting D14 way on the back side and came across this 6/7 foot long 4/5 foot wide pile of rocks, and the smell of something dead in the air.
First though was someone dumped a body out there, but then it was way the F&^%K out there, and it would have been a ton of work piling the rocks.
But them again it could have been a hunter got shot or a anti hunter got buried,
with some moving of rocks I found out it was a mining marker from the 50s and down inside the middle was a glass mason jar with a hand written claim form.
The smell was from a really tore up fawn carcass about 30 feet away, researched the claim and found out it had been abandoned for many years.

Rick M.

WKR
The audio from the hunting camp was pretty harrowing. I'm not a conspiracy guy, nor do I believe in the supernatural, but it would be hubris to believe that we humans have everything completely figured out and squared away. To me, whatever those sounds were, and whatever was making them, they were clearly communicating. It sounded like complex language. Definitely spooky.

Warmsy

WKR
I have only listed to some of the available stories on YouTube and just a bit is enough to get the chills. What is odd is the concentration of some of the disappearances in certain areas. Not to mention the zero trace factor.
I wouldn’t recommend taking that book into the back country with you.
Aww come on!

Attachments

• 20210112_170350.jpg
    20210112_170350.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 71

Pdzoller

WKR
I’d be willing to bet that a decent number of people on this forum have had some pretty weird things happen in some remote places.

I also try to always lean towards logical explanation. A couple years ago my hunting partner and I were doing some bear hunting about six miles in and a long way off trail. He slept in a hammock and I was in a tent. I woke up to him screaming at something to get the F*** out of here and then the sound of him running off into the woods. I immediately thought about how ballsy he was to chase something off into the dark like that. Then he yelled at me from his sleeping spot to get out there with my pistol and light. I was out there in seconds and he was tangled in his mummy bag and hammock, rifle in hand and ghost white. “There was someone standing over me and I saw their silhouette. They ran when I yelled.” This was like 2am and we never found any trace of anyone the next day.

I know what I heard definitely was running on two legs.

My buddy used to be the kind of guy that did a bunch of solo backpacking but now he won’t go into the woods overnight alone.

Easy to dismiss stuff until it happens to you.

Tf44

FNG
Scarry stuff. Any one that thinks everything in the woods has been documented is living in a fantasy. Apex predators servive by not being seen or leaving a trace.

schmalzy

WKR
I’d be willing to bet that a decent number of people on this forum have had some pretty weird things happen in some remote places.

I also try to always lean towards logical explanation. A couple years ago my hunting partner and I were doing some bear hunting about six miles in and a long way off trail. He slept in a hammock and I was in a tent. I woke up to him screaming at something to get the F*** out of here and then the sound of him running off into the woods. I immediately thought about how ballsy he was to chase something off into the dark like that. Then he yelled at me from his sleeping spot to get out there with my pistol and light. I was out there in seconds and he was tangled in his mummy bag and hammock, rifle in hand and ghost white. “There was someone standing over me and I saw their silhouette. They ran when I yelled.” This was like 2am and we never found any trace of anyone the next day.

My buddy used to be the kind of guy that did a bunch of solo backpacking but now he won’t go into the woods overnight alone.

That’s pretty damn spooky and I don’t doubt a word of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoElk

WKR

Wow, what state did this happen?

Pdzoller

WKR
Wow, what state did this happen?
Oregon. I keep my headlamp on my head and my pistol next to my pillow when I sleep in the woods now. We’ve had other odd things happen in the Cascades but this was by far the worst. I would rather think it was a Squatch than a weirdo lurking around.

Logic dictates that it was a person. If so, what was their intention? Suicide? They are lucky they didn’t get shot.

Tf44

FNG
About 15 years ago when I was in high school a friend and I were out racoon hunting in north east Nebraska. We were driving slowly down a gravel road watching the ditches for eyes while heading for a draw on his family's property that we always found coons in. Out of nowhere a black mountain lion jumped out of the ditch on my side, landed in the center of the road and lept over the fence on the left side of the road. Both jumps were over 20 ft. To this day we both know what we saw but reports of black lions in America are constantly dismissed as misidentified. If something like that can go unclassified for this long in populated farm country just imagine what's lurking around the mountains.

FLATHEAD

WKR
My grandfather used to talk about those "Black Panthers".
Always wondered why or how that Black Panther (Jaguar) travelled
all the way from South America to stop in North Alabama. I never questioned
his stories, he was dead serious.
And "Honey Bears",,,,never have figured out what those even are.