ML load for Elk

Rexs5413

FNG
Looking for some advice on a load for my ML bull tag. I have taken lots of deer with my ML but have not yet had the privilege to take an elk with it. I shoot 250gr Barnes sabots with 150gr white hots on my Mule/WT hunts but looking for advice for a dependable ML load for the big guys. I know shot placement is key, but so is confidence in your load IMO. Just want to hear from others who have taken bulls with a ML. 3B AZ Hunt Nov. 12th.

-Rex

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
Myself and the guys I hunt with have killed a dozen or more elk with 250 or 290 gr Barnes sabots and 100 gr of BH 209. No problems as long as we do our part.

PAhunter58

Lil-Rokslider
I'd try Barnes 290 gr TEZ, that's what I use for Elk and they have a better BC than the 250 grains.
I also use Blackhorn 209, gave up pellets years ago.

OP
R

Rexs5413

FNG
Thanks for the reply’s guys. I will try the 290 Barnes and see how they do out of my Accura for sure. I’ve never had a problem with the pellets, I like them for the convenience. I’m not opposed to trying the loose powder just never got around to it. Just found I I also Drew ML Deer in AZ in October so I may try the powder on that hunt. Thanks again all.