Mobile and website problems

reaper

WKR
Hi
Is that me or this forum its the most hardest to connect???Its crazy how i have problems with connection,i can't give quick anwers to buyers and sellers,in fact i lost a lot of deals because of this troubles.Mobile phone and computer at home same problems!

What can i do or whats going on?

I have problems with it too, from my desktop it works fine, on the phone or tablet the connection sucks. It seems to work a lot better though since I did the latest update to the tapatalk app

colonel00

WKR
I have issues as well. Tapatalk works about 30-40% of the time, maybe less. I still can't figure it out. It does seem to connect better when I'm on a wifi connection versus just using mobile data. Often times, when Tapatalk fails, I try to check the forum just using a mobile browser like Chrome and it times out and never connects. I've even had issues at home on the PC but not nearly as bad.

colonel00

WKR
Not sure if this helps or not but this is what Tapatalk shows me after it tries to connect for a while.

Screenshot_2016-04-03-14-03-12_zps27l3sdab.png

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Hi
Is that me or this forum its the most hardest to connect???Its crazy how i have problems with connection,i can't give quick anwers to buyers and sellers,in fact i lost a lot of deals because of this troubles.Mobile phone and computer at home same problems!

What can i do or whats going on?

Does it give you an error? Desktop? Tapatalk?

colonel00

WKR
Here's a prime example of the issue I'm seeing. It's almost like it's tied to my login since I cannot get on over three different platforms. .

When Ryan responded 35 minutes or so ago, I tried to view it on Tapatalk getting the same error as before.

Screenshot_2016-04-03-16-58-26_zpsa2u88jzf.png

I then tried to get on the site via my mobile Chrome browser.

Screenshot_2016-04-03-17-01-25_zps5jli3hzx.png

Failing there, I hopped on my PC and tried to get on the forum for several minutes but only received pages like this. I eventually gave up and went to take a shower. When I returned, the forum had reloaded and I could get on here to post. Sometimes it lasts for a few minutes but sometimes it's for extended periods of time. There was one weekend when I couldn't get on for almost two days. I thought the site was down or something until I happened to be texting another forum member and he said it was up all weekend.

Rokslide%20Timeout_zpsakz3nubb.png

Rokslide%20Timeout2_zpskhxgi9pl.png

herd90

Lil-Rokslider
I get same thing randomly but mostly late afternoon, evening hours.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Here's a prime example of the issue I'm seeing. It's almost like it's tied to my login since I cannot get on over three different platforms. .

When Ryan responded 35 minutes or so ago, I tried to view it on Tapatalk getting the same error as before.

Screenshot_2016-04-03-16-58-26_zpsa2u88jzf.png

I then tried to get on the site via my mobile Chrome browser.

Screenshot_2016-04-03-17-01-25_zps5jli3hzx.png

Failing there, I hopped on my PC and tried to get on the forum for several minutes but only received pages like this. I eventually gave up and went to take a shower. When I returned, the forum had reloaded and I could get on here to post. Sometimes it lasts for a few minutes but sometimes it's for extended periods of time. There was one weekend when I couldn't get on for almost two days. I thought the site was down or something until I happened to be texting another forum member and he said it was up all weekend.

Rokslide%20Timeout_zpsakz3nubb.png

Rokslide%20Timeout2_zpskhxgi9pl.png

I know what the issue is. I will fix it tonight

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have issues with Tapatalk a lot but can often resolve them if I back out and go in airplane mode, then shut airplane mode off and try it again. If I use Tapatalk notification to attempt access to threads I get blocked out.

colonel00

WKR
Ryan, let me know if or when you made/make changes and I can test stuff out. I thought things were better last night on Tapatalk but it was only briefly and on Wifi. Today on mobile data on my phone, I couldn't view any threads.

Ryan, let me know if or when you made/make changes and I can test stuff out. I thought things were better last night on Tapatalk but it was only briefly and on Wifi. Today on mobile data on my phone, I couldn't view any threads.

When I was having problems before I found that it was directly related to how long it had been since I last refreshed. If it had been a while I would have to use wifi, but if it was just a couple hours then I would be okay with just cell. The reason going to airplane mode fixes it is that it assigns your phone a new IP address and therefore the firewall is no longer blocking you.

colonel00

WKR
I've tried the airplane mode I'm pretty sure but I'll try it next time. As a pleasant note, I'm currently on mobile data and I was able to connect this time.

colonel00

WKR
Heh, sure enough, I left the thread and could get back in. Toggled airplane mode and it let me back. I'll keep trying it. A decent workaround but still a pain if I had to do that all the time.

colonel00

WKR
Just did. I was on a local Wi-Fi in my local watering hole. Tried to open the thread but it failed. Toggled airplane mode and back to Wi-Fi but no go. Turned off Wi-Fi and it let me in.

I guess I should also mention that I fairly regularly use tapatalk for other forms with no issue at all.