Mobile Reloading Setup

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
the CM will run from 9v to 14 v ----dont over think this.
a truck battery will run a CM for weeks.

i knew a guy that made a bunch of flash light batteries strung up for a CM power supply and folks got a summer of use out of them [if they remembered to turn it off]
That's pretty funny about the flashlight batteries.

So it measured accurately? I haven't had any issues with mine, but I've seen where guys get inaccurate readings just by being near other electronic devices. I guess my concern was the consistency of the power causing inconsistent readings when using the truck battery. Sounds like it might work fine though.

rayporter

WKR
mike ezell sold a bunch of the D battery kits for a CM. i dont remember if he used six or eight batteries but no one complained. once 12v power banks became popular he quit making them. i have used a truck for power and i frequently plug into 12v on my trailer when i load in the trailer.

make a check weight. i use a strip of metal or something and tuck it down along side the calibration weights, which i almost never use. when i turn it on if it reads my check wt i just start loading. every now and then over the course of a day i zero it and set the check wt on to verify. i make my check wt near the load i throw most.

fluorescent lights are complained about frequently. i have seen maybe 50 CMs set up in the barn at st louis under fluorescent lights and no one having trouble . i load under fluorescent lights here and at the Arkansas range all the time as well as Houston and Dublin Georgia.

WKR

WKR
I think that new Nexus press would be ideal for a mobile press...small form factor

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
make a check weight. i use a strip of metal or something and tuck it down along side the calibration weights, which i almost never use. when i turn it on if it reads my check wt i just start loading. every now and then over the course of a day i zero it and set the check wt on to verify. i make my check wt near the load i throw most.
I’ve actually considered doing this but with my powder tray. It always registers right at 139.1gr before I zero it out.