Mobile treestand setup for big guys

Njt124

FNG
What do the bigger guys (300 lbs) use and feel safe in? Hunt mostly public and want something that feels safe and comfortable. Have tried the summit titan before but never felt quite right in it. Don't love heights either as it is, but want to try something again as I am tired of getting busted on the ground.

nphunter

WKR
Depends on how mobile. I have a M150 millennium and it’s super comfortable. I can actually put my legs around the tree and lay down on it and nap the platform is so big.

I wouldn’t have any issue packing it around if I needed to, I don’t really tree stand hunt and when I do I just pack it in and leave it setup. It only weighs 20lbs, I hunt out west and put on 5-10 miles each day with a 25lb pack on though so carrying the stand is pretty easy.

I use a woodpecker drill and studs, I only weigh 230ish though plus my gear while climbing. I do have some climbers also but they are not comfortable at all. The M150 would for sure be big and comfortable enough.

Rich M

WKR
I use a Summit climber and am 275#. Feel very secure with that big old rail in front of me. Will sleep in stand during the middle of the day.

Had a Millenium M100U and it was nice - just prefer the Summit. Sold the M100U.

I don't like lock-ons. Prefer a ladder in a perfect world.

I use an XOP air raid hang on. I'm 250 with size 14 feet. The seat flips up so there's a decent amount of room to stand. I previously tried a lone wolf climber, but just didn't have enough space for me.

OP
N

Njt124

FNG
Thanks for the suggestions.....anyone have any experience with a treewalker.....also looking into family traditions for a lighter weight sturdy ladder stand option, but have no where local to see either....

JAC357

FNG
I hunted in a goliath at 310 and felt completely safe and stable, its rock solid

goalie

FNG
I'm not that big, but I bought a Summit Titan that is built for guys up to 350.

I like the extra room compared to my viper.

fatlander

WKR
Im 240 and Ive had problems in cold weather with the Summit tubular aluminum stands creaking in cold weather.

My oneSummit stand cost me a layup 15yd shot with my recurve on a high 130’s buck. The stand creaked a little when i was drawing….oh so frustrating.

Now I only use XOP or LW cast platforms. Zero sound….

I’m 175 and have the same problems. Below 40 degrees, summit stands get loud.

For a truly mobile one and done set up, as much as it pains me to say it, a lone wolf custom gear stand and sticks is heads and tails the best option money can buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
OP, if you go the climber route you owe it yourself to get a set of these. It’s the best 20 bucks you’ll ever spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a lone wolf alpha 2 hang on and a lone wolf wide sit and climb 2, both are solid and quiet. I run a generic set of sticks with the hang on. Its all a process but when quiet counts I've been happy with them. I'm 270 and I always have some gear and the cheap stands always had a squeak somewhere for me. I'll credit the Alpha with helping me perfect the setup where I got my biggest buck.